Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2962715 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #16680 on: 15 July 2018, 18:06:23 »

You do realise that GF is owned by Direct Line Group, in turn owned by UKI don’t you ;)

I honestly didn't! I just thought they had engaged them as an agent to perform the breakdown service that came bundled with the bank account.

STEMO

« Reply #16681 on: 15 July 2018, 18:11:54 »

Big stink about stuff like this on one of the consumer shows a while back. How parent companies won't help you to sue their partners. As bigger fish swallow smaller fish, it could become a problem.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16682 on: 15 July 2018, 18:21:38 »

Crawled under the BMW to investigate a rattle, and found a broken exhaust bracket.  ::)

Found it on ebay for £8!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16683 on: 15 July 2018, 19:32:36 »

Had rear tyres of 3.2 checked at Costco, wanted a second opinion as starting to get low. All good though, 4mm left and wearing evenly.
A second opinion? Haven't you got a tyre gauge?  :-\

Nope, I just feel for the wear indicator. Plus I was already at Costco and they were doing PS4’s for £103 corner, with £20 vouchers back for each 2 fitted.

So thought I’d check  :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16684 on: 15 July 2018, 19:46:36 »

Drove it to vboa, bought set of disc's of Keith abs, looked at lots of old bangers,  the victor with the audiV8 4x4 running gear was nice.
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #16685 on: 15 July 2018, 20:34:58 »

Oh yes.  ;D

As soon as I have the car back, then we can start talking about getting the 3ft diesel stain off my drive. idiots. That will be a conversation for UKI however (an old adversary of mine) as I have no contractual relationship with Greenflag, they are merely UKI's agent who administer all my insurances that come as part of my bank account.  ::)

You do realise that GF is owned by Direct Line Group, in turn owned by UKI don’t you ;)

I didn't.. until I spent most of a week on conference calls with them (in a professional capacity)..

aaronjb

« Reply #16686 on: 15 July 2018, 20:36:00 »

Spent some time crawling around under the kit car grunting..

Here's hoping this is all IVA compliant... (white cable ties are temporary, black ones are on riveted/bolted on cable tie bases)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #16687 on: 15 July 2018, 21:24:20 »

Got that tailgate fitted last night then realised that the piggin loom was different  >:(   so spent most of the day stripping all the components off the FL one and refitting c/w loom onto the freshly painted one in 28 degree heat  :'(

Must remember never ask MiniMe to check the plugs   anything again  ::)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16688 on: 15 July 2018, 21:50:28 »

Checked coolant level and it hadn't dropped from yesterday so hopefully a good sign :y So went for a start to bleed the system and the battery was too flat to start it :'( This damn car is fighting me every step of the way >:( In fairness though it has been stood for 3-4wks and when I did the Volvo radiator and the oil cooler change on the Omega the boot has been open most of the time[for the tools and keeping bits safe/out of the way]and the boot light doesn't go off like the interior lights do so it's my fault as I should have known/expected the battery to go flat.Ah,well job for another day.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16689 on: 16 July 2018, 01:53:48 »

Checked coolant level and it hadn't dropped from yesterday so hopefully a good sign :y So went for a start to bleed the system and the battery was too flat to start it :'( This damn car is fighting me every step of the way >:( In fairness though it has been stood for 3-4wks and when I did the Volvo radiator and the oil cooler change on the Omega the boot has been open most of the time[for the tools and keeping bits safe/out of the way]and the boot light doesn't go off like the interior lights do so it's my fault as I should have known/expected the battery to go flat.Ah,well job for another day.

sounds like your 99% there  :)

̶f̶l̶a̶t̶t̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶l̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶

letting the battery run down , so it can have a nice long trickle charge back to full health is something many of us do  :y
keep up the good work  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16690 on: 16 July 2018, 04:59:08 »

If you park any Omega for more than a week without disconnecting the battery*, expect to have to jump it.

But, do this more than four or five times, and you can expect to be buying a new battery.

* The caveat is to be sure that the key works in the driver's door lock and do not double lock it with the remote...
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16691 on: 16 July 2018, 07:43:58 »

battery was removed straight away and brought home for charging.I know that as long as I'm not forever opening/closing doors/boot I can leave it stood for at least 2wks and it'll still start.The key does actually work the door lock[at least something works on the car ;D]whenever I've removed the battery I've locked the rear and front passenger doors manually then disconnected battery and locked drivers door with the key :y Once I've got this sorted I can set about putting the new wishbones on the V70-it's all go isn't it?Perversely although things are at times going wrong I'm actually quite enjoying working on them as long as long as it's at my own pace :y :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16692 on: 16 July 2018, 09:30:29 »

Crawled under the BMW to investigate a rattle, and found a broken exhaust bracket.  ::)

Found it on ebay for £8!  :y

What,another broken one ::) :D :D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16693 on: 16 July 2018, 11:07:21 »

Spent some time crawling around under the kit car grunting..

Here's hoping this is all IVA compliant... (white cable ties are temporary, black ones are on riveted/bolted on cable tie bases)

It’s got the makings of electrickery. Just got to make sure you keep all the magic smoke in now :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16694 on: 16 July 2018, 16:20:45 »

Nice simple little job this morning...removed the old original auto gear shift leather gaiter and fitted a nice new one.

Looks quite smart and apart from the pita sewing the leather back together all done and sorted for less than a tenner :) ;) :)

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.