Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2963053 times)

btc and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

aaronjb

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #16710 on: 19 July 2018, 09:38:20 »

What is it?...

I don't think we can play the guessing game with a picture up there ;) ;D

Smart Fortwo IceShine (84hp turbo) - the colour was specific to that edition, as were the wheels and half faux-leather interior, other than that it comes with the "Passion" trim (air conditioning, satnav) and has flappy-paddles for semi-auto gearchanging.. I believe they only made 1800 of them.

Autoblog were singularly unimpressed: https://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/15/smart-fortwo-iceshine-wont-make-your-hair-look-any-better/?guccounter=1 ;D ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16711 on: 19 July 2018, 09:41:55 »

What is it?...

Smart Fortwo IceShine (84hp turbo) - the colour was specific to that edition, as were the wheels and half faux-leather interior, other than that it comes with the "Passion" trim (air conditioning, satnav) and has flappy-paddles for semi-auto gearchanging.. I believe they only made 1800 of them.

Autoblog were singularly unimpressed: https://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/15/smart-fortwo-iceshine-wont-make-your-hair-look-any-better/?guccounter=1 ;D ;D

Does it come with the optional mulching blade package? ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #16712 on: 19 July 2018, 09:44:47 »

What is it?...

Does it come with the optional mulching blade package? ;)

:P :P ;D

No, but as a friend of mine noted.. at least servicing will be cheap:

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16713 on: 19 July 2018, 09:58:37 »

Is that one for the right foot or the left ?  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #16714 on: 19 July 2018, 11:09:17 »

I reckon that would be a hoot. 84bhp with a turbo would push that along quite nicely.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16715 on: 21 July 2018, 14:55:29 »

Refitted battery,set heater controls to High and started it to bleed the cooling system and check for leaks.First thing I noticed was some vapour from top n/s side of engine,thought oh heck it's leaking,then thought maybe it's burning off any spillage from oil cooler change.Left it running to see if vapour disappeared and meanwhile checked oil and cooler pipes for leaks.Checked for vapour again and there seemed to be more of it until it dawned on me to move my hand that was holding my fag :D No leaks no vapour,heat from interior vents  :y Rear fan kicked in lowered temp and kicked out again,refitted expansion tank cap and let it run until fan kicked in/out and then turned it off.Will go again tomorrow to check levels and clean garage floor.Fingers crossed all is good :y :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16716 on: 21 July 2018, 14:59:20 »

Changed the oil & filter on wifeys Subaru nice simple job slightly delayed by the fact that I think the worlds strongest man had tightened the filter & drain plug up after the last oil change ! Luckily got both types of filter remover & a damn strong socket set.  😎

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16717 on: 21 July 2018, 17:27:10 »

Refitted battery,set heater controls to High and started it to bleed the cooling system and check for leaks.First thing I noticed was some vapour from top n/s side of engine,thought oh heck it's leaking,then thought maybe it's burning off any spillage from oil cooler change.Left it running to see if vapour disappeared and meanwhile checked oil and cooler pipes for leaks.Checked for vapour again and there seemed to be more of it until it dawned on me to move my hand that was holding my fag :D No leaks no vapour,heat from interior vents  :y Rear fan kicked in lowered temp and kicked out again,refitted expansion tank cap and let it run until fan kicked in/out and then turned it off.Will go again tomorrow to check levels and clean garage floor.Fingers crossed all is good :y :y
well done  :) getting it all back up and running  :y
I get those same "smoke vapours" too when i do jobs
in fact ,it's happening now , hope my computer is ok  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16718 on: 21 July 2018, 17:32:04 »

Changed the oil & filter on wifeys Subaru nice simple job slightly delayed by the fact that I think the worlds strongest man had tightened the filter & drain plug up after the last oil change ! Luckily got both types of filter remover & a damn strong socket set.  😎
the same service technician must have done the oil and filter on the zafira i just serviced , mole grips to get the sump plug undone ,and the filter was so tight i got a bar on the socket to undo it , then i tried to undo the wheel nuts  :-X

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16719 on: 21 July 2018, 17:52:44 »

the same service technician must have done the oil and filter on the zafira i just serviced , mole grips to get the sump plug undone ,and the filter was so tight i got a bar on the socket to undo it , then i tried to undo the wheel nuts  :-X
That's why I really like to do oil changes myself at least I know I will be able to get them off easily next time.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16720 on: 21 July 2018, 18:46:51 »

Gave the blue bus a good wash and clean, and a hoover inside. Then, after a brief trip into town to shout and the wrinklies for clogging up the shops and byways, I decided to make my yard into a low-budget version of Cop Car Workshop. There's currently more engine outside the car than inside, I've had more than one temper tantrum, and I'm covered in filth. All worth it to get Zeke back on the road...!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16721 on: 22 July 2018, 09:58:17 »

Mislaid it.  Its big and black, and normally stands out.

Got until lunchtime to find it. *sigh*.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #16722 on: 22 July 2018, 10:32:52 »

Mislaid it.  Its big and black, and normally stands out.

Got until lunchtime to find it. *sigh*.
Leave an iPhone in it and then 'find my iPhone'.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16723 on: 22 July 2018, 16:36:38 »

Put Zeke back together again, with fresh new exhaust manifold gaskets. Currently on an extended coffee break while I "let the coolant drain through". Not that I've started looking into old BTCC cars and lost half of my life on Youtube...!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

STEMO

« Reply #16724 on: 22 July 2018, 16:50:46 »

Put Zeke back together again, with fresh new exhaust manifold gaskets. Currently on an extended coffee break while I "let the coolant drain through". Not that I've started looking into old BTCC cars and lost half of my life on Youtube...!
Lazy bastard.  ;D

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.