Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Relay question

(1/3) > >>

iansoutham:
Quick question, was removing the alarm indicator relay this evening and saw this other white relay (Bottom left in photo).

I was wondering what it was for as did it have time to have a proper look. I know red is servotronic (not installed on my car), grey relay is now sitting on my living room table.

Pic is a generic from another thread and not of my car btw.

Doctor Gollum:
The part number might give you a clue ::)

iansoutham:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 08 October 2020, 20:11:59 ---The part number might give you a clue ::)

--- End quote ---

You are right, it would. I would simply take the part number and put in the parts catalogue and it would give me the answer.

However, I was doing this quickly in the dark before the rain started so was more interested in more important things like not getting soaked and missing something in the dark.

Hence also why the photo was from an file picture off this forum.

But, don’t worry, you do not know the answer, that is fine. When I replace the other relay I will find out and make sure not to tell anyone either.

Doctor Gollum:
 ;D

TheBoy:
Some of these relays move around depending on year.

For some reason I have it in my head its related to alarm/indicators, but I also know on 1998/99 cars with telephone prewiring, there is an isolating transformer somewhere in that area.  Sadly, my memory can't be more precise, and TIS only shows later cars that lack that relay socket

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version