Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: HEATING NOT WORKING  (Read 2899 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: HEATING NOT WORKING
« Reply #15 on: 22 December 2008, 20:35:00 »

......and is HBV  same as thermostat?

No. Heater By-pas valve lives just behind the driver's side of the engine, just under the scuttle. The thermostat lives right at the front of the engine in the middle of the V .... barsteward to even see, let alone change.  :(

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 December 2008, 20:41:33 »

Very very likely that it is not the head gasket.  if you've got no water loss, no over pressurisation of the coolant system and no large amount of mayo in the oil filler cap then it is not the HG.  

If you bought it privately, why would the guy you bought it from respond?  He's got your money now and he doesn't want the car.  Plus you've had two different 'mechanics' play around with it.  

parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

ZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 December 2008, 01:19:12 »

hi jus checked the pipes under the skirting at far left could feel 2 pipes which were really hot?so wot next?

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 December 2008, 08:07:19 »

right.  this means that you have heat in the matrix.  It is not the HG, HBV, thermostat or anything like that.  Itr is possible that the flow in the matrix is restricted but then you get slightly warm air not hot

Do you have climate control or standard aircon.  If you have climate, reset the servos (set out in the car handbook - sorry I don't have climate myself so can't tell you exactly how to)

If you have standard air con then you will need to start working on why the air dist unit is not giving you heat. Could be a multitude of things from controls disconnected to one of the internal flaps jammed

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 December 2008, 08:53:34 »

Headgasket failure is rare but not unheard of on the V6's.

HBV is the Heater Bypass Valve which controls the flow of hot water into/out of the heater matrix (small radiator) in the car.  It is operated by vacuum through narrow bore plastic pipes.  They regularly fail, one way or another.

The thermostat is the device which initially restricts the flow of water through the main vehicle radiator in order to get the engine up to running temperature quickly and, thereafter, varies the flow through the rad so as to help keep the engine at its optimum running temp, assisted by the cooling fans as and when required.

Climate control is reset by holding the auto and off buttons in for several seconds with ignition on.  You will hear the varuious servos etc resetting (hopefully) and if it works, is a cheap quick fix.

ZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 December 2008, 14:16:54 »

the system is not responding its climate control.shud i pop it to vuaxhall garage?

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 December 2008, 14:51:33 »

pop into vauxhall?????  We'll the general experience here is no.  If you have now identified that it is the climate control playing up, your experience of mechanics to date (including diagnosingt he HG as failed) should indicate that consulting another highly trained specalist (cough) is perhaps not the best idea

when you say not responding, give us more of a clue?  in what way?  what are the symptoms?  I'm hoping someone else can help here  I know nothing about the climate system but someone here WILL be able to help

fife_omega_v6

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 December 2008, 17:23:04 »

you say both pipes to and from the matrix are hot they should both be take your skin off hot both of them, if they are your air disy box is capoot,ps thats from a £90.00 an hour vaux mech ::) ::) ::) :-*
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00054-1.jpg[/IMG][img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00059-1.jpg[/IMG]

ZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 December 2008, 22:31:25 »

well the pipes i needed to check were under there skirting above the pedlas on the driving side?and my system is climate control i tried to reset the system by holding on to auto and off buttons at the same time but cant see or hear ne thing happening how shud it reset itself?wel do u think i shud just get it checked by the vuaxhall ppl and not get the job done .itws just getting to me now slowly.also the key i checked the bracket in which the battery sits is of the chip can i just solder it agian will that fix the key?

ZEE

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 January 2009, 03:07:20 »

hi can any one tell me one pipe is hot the other is cold wot could that be?and my rare heated seats and the driver heated seat is not heating up.also my ciggeratte compartment by the gear stick is broken what cN I DO ABOUT THAT ?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.