Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Busted Speedo  (Read 1238 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Busted Speedo
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2010, 13:40:13 »

If your car has TC and ABS then the lights should light up on startup...if they dont then chances are the bulbs have blown/been removed...changing the bulbs should be easy...if once changed they both stay lit then with the speedo notworking as well the ABS/TC ECU will need changing or repairing

Hmm... ABS ECU failure would explain why the Tech 2 can't talk to the ABS ECU as well. :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Zhing1

• Manila, Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2010, 14:17:26 »

If your car has TC and ABS then the lights should light up on startup...if they dont then chances are the bulbs have blown/been removed...changing the bulbs should be easy...if once changed they both stay lit then with the speedo notworking as well the ABS/TC ECU will need changing or repairing

Hmm... ABS ECU failure would explain why the Tech 2 can't talk to the ABS ECU as well. :-/

Kevin

Is there anyway to confirm that I have an ABS ECU problem or must I buy a new/used working ECU to find out? I don't mind getting another ABS ECU as long as I am certain it will solve the problem.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 April 2010, 14:43:44 »

Kevin

Is there anyway to confirm that I have an ABS ECU problem or must I buy a new/used working ECU to find out? I don't mind getting another ABS ECU as long as I am certain it will solve the problem.
fit working lamps for the ABS & TC and go from there. It's possible to get your old ABS ECU repaired in the UK .... obviously no idea about the Philipines  :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 April 2010, 16:08:18 »

fit working lamps for the ABS & TC and go from there. It's possible to get your old ABS ECU repaired in the UK .... obviously no idea about the Philipines  :-/

Agreed. You will also have heavy power steering, cruise control failure, average speed and fuel consumption not working on the MID/TID/GID/CID and the ABS and traction control won't work. (easy check there :y)

If any of the above are working OK, they have a speed signal from the ABS ECU, so it's not that.

First step is to see if the warning lights come on though.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Zhing1

• Manila, Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 April 2010, 16:36:58 »

Thanks guys. Will do these thing let you know how it comes along. Cheers!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.