Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: confusing one  (Read 1755 times)

white_wolf

• Doncaster
  • me n my car
    • View Profile
confusing one
« on: 08 July 2007, 21:39:38 »

hi

sorry to jump into an omega forum as I have a corsa c but I'm having a few problems and this site popped up with a possible answer.

Recently there has been floods where I live and ending up with me left with a broken cam-shaft. My car is one and a half years old so still under warrenty but as water damage its not... not now anyway lol

So I pulled the original engine out and fitted another engine, exactly same engine size type (1.2 twinport z12xep) and re-connected all wires...

Here's my problem, the engine will turn over but not fire up, theres no spark from the HT Rail, I now have 4 of them and none work, new sparkies etc. I even called out RAC he said it was the crank sensor, replaced that but still no go...

Im left with the idea that maybe the car *thinks its been stolen and a new engine fitted*

My problem - ok its not a omega but does any1 have any ideawhat i can do? Can I get the software from anywhere to fix this, or find the problem?

This is the only website I've found that actually knows anything about OBD2, Tech2 CAN-BUS or whatever the corsa c has... any ideas?

Thanks Mick >:( :-[ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
if only she'd work... again

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re:  confusing one
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2007, 09:05:41 »

Hmmm.....when you changed the engine over, did you swap the electrics from the original power plant over?

I seem to recall that the Z12XEP has an engine mounted ECU and this will be coded to the car immobiliser ECU/BCM unit.....if the two are not matched then the ECU will stop the injection and ignition pulses.

You normaly get a flashing fault light to....

By the way, cracking little bomb proof engine the Z12XEP

white_wolf

• Doncaster
  • me n my car
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2007, 18:13:22 »

I changed all of the sensors yes, but dont recall seeing an ecu type modual mounted to teh engine.. there is a multi plug attached to the inlet, but the inlet manifold fitted is still my old one.

:-[ :'(

Im buggered still

oh as towards a flashing light, nope, the RAC man pointed out there maybe one but it doesn't flash - so apparently thats not a problem with it...  :'(
« Last Edit: 09 July 2007, 18:21:28 by white_wolf »

white_wolf

• Doncaster
  • me n my car
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2007, 18:14:30 »

Hmmm.....when you changed the engine over, did you swap the electrics from the original power plant over?

I seem to recall that the Z12XEP has an engine mounted ECU and this will be coded to the car immobiliser ECU/BCM unit.....if the two are not matched then the ECU will stop the injection and ignition pulses.

yep... when it works...  ;)  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2007, 08:00:27 »

Sadly, not water proof though. :( :(
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

white_wolf

• Doncaster
  • me n my car
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2007, 09:51:37 »

woohoo

I'm back in action!

Buggered off tho... it was as simple as the crank sensor plug and the inlet throtlle sensor being plugged back to front (the plugs are identical and got fitted wrongly... after taking the inlet off and looking at the wire lengths.. it became clear... swapped over and fired straight up!

my baby's back!!!

just selling off 2 HT Rails now and a hand ful of crank sensors (didnt cost anything but the money will come in handy)

In the mean time I have contacted Gendar (I think it is) about the engine managment and looking into getting the computer port cable programming to clear any fault codes etc but also another programme to view real time live sensor readings

white_wolf

• Doncaster
  • me n my car
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2007, 09:52:56 »

oh yea, took old engine apart... 2 bent valves, 3rd cylinder exhaust valves... fitted new head, just need to finish up and I got me a spare engine.. to work on etc... possibly gas flow, polish, cams etc, just looking into it now.

Cheers for help people
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.