Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 'key workers'  (Read 3681 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
'key workers'
« on: 19 March 2020, 12:28:37 »

Who's going to define who or what a 'key worker' is when the powers that be say that schools are shut apart from to the kids of 'key workers'.
SWMBO works in ASDA, supermarkets are required to stay open, which obviously means the staff are required to turn up for work and obviously many of them have kids. Everybody who works in a supermarket is required to keep that store open.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Re: 'key workers'
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2020, 12:34:07 »

The government are working on that list now. I'm expecting to hear things soon.

Supermarket workers are classed as key workers in this case, so I would expect you'll be fine.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2020, 12:48:48 »

From what I can gather from SWMBO, there might be that many categories included, that schools will be closed in name only. Don't know what difference this will make to the fight against the virus.
The thing is, if people think they are being put on, told they are closing but not really, then being told this is through the Easter holidays too, they will develop a cough (or a family member will).
That will completely defeat the object of the exercise, because schools really will shut.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2020, 12:56:56 »

No milk, bread, or bog roll, in Tesco and Lidl yesterday.

In Tesco a girl working on the till was being consoled by other staff members. She was sobbing. I didn't see what had caused her distress but it appeared from what she was saying that she had been verbally abused by shoppers, again.

There is some bad shit going down at the moment that is bringing out the worst in people. :-\

« Last Edit: 19 March 2020, 12:58:53 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2020, 13:11:00 »

Supermarket workers are classed as key workers in this case, so I would expect you'll be fine.

I wasn't really thinking of us ... more of those who work with SWMBO that have both kids & mortgages

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2020, 13:13:08 »

I didn't see what had caused her distress but it appeared from what she was saying that she had been verbally abused by shoppers, again.

SWMBO has been shouted & sworn at too, another was threatened with the 'I know where you live' ... mean while security just stood by!  >:( >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2020, 13:13:41 »

Are you a 'key worker' if you work at Andrex?  ::)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2020, 13:18:52 »

I wasn't really thinking of us ... more of those who work with SWMBO that have both kids & mortgages

Mortgage companies are already saying they will allow payment breaks due to CV. In other words, if 10% of the country defaulted on their mortgage, there would be massive housing/financial problems.

Are you a 'key worker' if you work at Andrex?  ::)
I have no idea, are locksmiths included? They are 'key' workers  ::)
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2020, 13:19:30 »

It doesn't bode well does it. The government is doing its best not to engender panic. You have people panic buying.
When there is a lock down , they will be the ones that it doesn’t apply to. All these selfish people should be allocated an elderly person unlucky enough to be in hospital right now to be their mentor and if/when they die from the virus they can organise and pay for their funeral.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2020, 13:21:41 »

Dry  leaves are a bit rough on the arsehole but no worse than the Izal/Jeyes bog roll I endured as a kid.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2020, 14:58:48 »

From what I can gather from SWMBO, there might be that many categories included, that schools will be closed in name only. Don't know what difference this will make to the fight against the virus.
The thing is, if people think they are being put on, told they are closing but not really, then being told this is through the Easter holidays too, they will develop a cough (or a family member will).
That will completely defeat the object of the exercise, because schools really will shut.

It was stated today by a head teacher that children who do still attend "school" will not be doing normal curriculum work, but would just be kept busy ;)

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2020, 15:33:56 »

It was stated today by a head teacher that children who do still attend "school" will not be doing normal curriculum work, but would just be kept busy ;)
I know, Lizzie, I'm married to one.  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2020, 15:42:17 »

I think the categories of key worker will end up being very broad. For example some businesses in our group may end up being key workers.

Sounds daft, but we supply all the spares to fix problems in social housing that houses over 1m people, many of whom are old or vulnerable and need their heating & hot water.

Talking of panic buying, a national chain put in a request this week to buy every electric heater we have, in the whole network, so that they can provide emergency heating if they aren't allowed to enter people's homes.  :o

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2020, 15:45:21 »

I know, Lizzie, I'm married to one;D

How such a union came about remains a mystery.  :)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 March 2020, 16:26:33 »

I am a key worker, I suppose. I however don't have any kids. Therefore, if anyone wants me to adopt their children* so they have to continue going to school and stay out of your hair... #helpful

*Strictly between the minute the school day begins and the minute the school day ends
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.