Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Come on Arlene!  (Read 8744 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Come on Arlene!
« Reply #60 on: 07 December 2017, 21:06:14 »

Trust me, the veto will soon disappear and be replaced by qualified majority voting. In the meantime, they will do what they have always done. Introduce all the stuff we have been talking about, step by step, bit by bit, call it something other than what it is etc.
Also, if Schulz has his way (and I believe there are many of the same mind in Brussels) you sign up to the U.S.E. or your ejected from "the club".
The point is, do you believe in a United states of Europe ?, with a president, army, treasury etc. etc..............a carbon copy of the USA at best, or something similar to the USSR at worst ?
If you do, fine, your entitled to believe in it, although none of these things should be introduced without a referendum in each member state.
If you don't, then why would you want to remain a part of it ?, unless you think that money is the one and only thing in this world that is important.

If it survives long enough to become the U.S.E. it will be done without the consent of the people. This has been the aim right from day one.
One of the founding fathers (French bloke whose name escapes me) said in the 50,s "Europe must become one nation, and its peoples must not be informed until after it has happened".
Everything that has happened since the start makes it obvious that this was always the plan.
Europhiles in this country shouted from the rooftops in the 70,s that there would be no loss of sovereignty whatsoever in the UK, it was just a trading club for mutual benefit.
One of those was Heseltine. He said tonight that he fully supports a U.S.E
Had he said this in 1975 they would have lost the referendum by a huge margin, and he, Heath, Clark and the others knew it.
They lied through their teeth to get us to join and now at long last they have been exposed, and we are getting out.  :)
« Last Edit: 07 December 2017, 21:12:32 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 07 December 2017, 21:19:02 »

Yep, national vetoes will disappear and probably quite quickly once they've got rid of their main thorn in their side.  ::)

The Lisbon Treaty abolished national veto power over 30 policy areas and for sure the federalists will cobble together another treaty once we are out of the way that will introduce QMV over more areas.  :)

Basically, if the Germans and the French want something to happen, all they will have to do is make it attractive to a few of the net recipients.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07 December 2017, 21:19:42 »

The reason I think we might get some sort of a deal (on stage one at least) very soon, is that May is desperate, and unfortunately they know it. She would never make a poker player.
The reason she is so desperate is that I think theres a better than 50/50 chance that the Tories will throw her under the bus around Christmas time and probably replace her with David Davis, if she doesn't sort out her own mess quickly.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07 December 2017, 21:38:11 »

If you don't, then why would you want to remain a part of it ?, unless you think that money is the one and only thing in this world that is important.

On balance I believe it is better to be a part of it rather than an irrelevant island on the edge of it. Also I thought project fear was supposed to be a Remainer tactic ;). Even Cameron had enough spine to veto changes to the Lisbon treaty. I just don't see It happening without us agreeing to it.

As to money, yes I do believe it to be all important. From a country's perspective, the quality of your infrastructure, the education of your citizens, health of your citizens, your ability to defend yourself, all stem from your finances.

As a person, your health, life expectancy, and quality of experiences can all be linked indirectly to your income. In my case, our personal finances are the only reason I am not a 33year old widower. So perhaps my perspective is a little different to most.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 07 December 2017, 22:11:01 »

Trust me, the veto will soon disappear and be replaced by qualified majority voting. In the meantime, they will do what they have always done. Introduce all the stuff we have been talking about, step by step, bit by bit, call it something other than what it is etc.
Also, if Schulz has his way (and I believe there are many of the same mind in Brussels) you sign up to the U.S.E. or your ejected from "the club".
The point is, do you believe in a United states of Europe ?, with a president, army, treasury etc. etc..............a carbon copy of the USA at best, or something similar to the USSR at worst ?
If you do, fine, your entitled to believe in it, although none of these things should be introduced without a referendum in each member state.

If it survives long enough to become the U.S.E. it will be done without the consent of the people. This has been the aim right from day one.
One of the founding fathers (French bloke whose name escapes me) said in the 50,s "Europe must become one nation, and its peoples must not be informed until after it has happened".
Everything that has happened since the start makes it obvious that this was always the plan.
Europhiles in this country shouted from the rooftops in the 70,s that there would be no loss of sovereignty whatsoever in the UK, it was just a trading club for mutual benefit.
Had he said this in 1975 they would have lost the referendum by a huge margin, and he, Heath, Clark and the others knew it.
They lied through their teeth to get us to join and now at long last they have been exposed, and we are getting out.  :)
Are you thinking Jacques Delores perhaps? :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 07 December 2017, 22:31:30 »

Are you thinking Jacques Delores perhaps? :-\

No...well before 'up yours Delors' I think

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 07 December 2017, 22:40:30 »

De Gaulle probably. Shame he didn't get his way in barring us in the first place.  ;D

Ungrateful bastid!  ::)
« Last Edit: 07 December 2017, 22:47:16 by Sir Tigger QC »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 08 December 2017, 00:02:04 »

Jean Monnet? :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 08 December 2017, 00:04:58 »

Getting back to Arlene. If anyone has the right to dig their heels in to ensure they remain fully British and refuse to be railroaded into closer ties with the Republic, its her.
When she was a young girl, the IRA  shot, and seriously wounded her father in front of her. His " crime" was to be a reserve police officer.
When she was a teenager on a bus on the way to school, a bomb went off on the bus. The reason for bombing a bus full of schoolchildren was that the bus driver was a part time member of the British army.
So its easy to see why remaining British means so much to people like her (and me), because to give in would mean that those who died or were maimed in the cause of democracy and upholding law & order, in the face of the most awful and constant attack, would have suffered and died for nothing.
Its easy for Westminster politicians living in the shires or EU commissioners who have never even been to Northern Ireland to think they know whats best for it, but they should bear this stuff in mind when dealing with the issues involving it.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 08 December 2017, 00:06:14 »

Jean Monnet? :)

I honestly cant remember his name (Albsiemers) and cba trying to find it on the interweb. Others are more than welcome to do so though.  :y :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 08 December 2017, 00:38:17 »

It was Valery Giscard d'Estaing French president from 1974 to 1981  :y

" Giscard d'Estaing attracted international attention at the time of the June 2008 Irish vote on the Lisbon Treaty. In an article for Le Monde[25] in June 2007, he said that "public opinion will be led to adopt, without knowing it, the proposals we dare not present to them directly". "  Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val%C3%A9ry_Giscard_d%27Estaing

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 08 December 2017, 07:03:58 »

That's not the one I was thinking of, but it says the pretty much the same thing and proves the same point.  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 08 December 2017, 09:54:31 »

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 08 December 2017, 12:19:46 »

Getting back to Arlene. If anyone has the right to dig their heels in to ensure they remain fully British and refuse to be railroaded into closer ties with the Republic, its her.
When she was a young girl, the IRA  shot, and seriously wounded her father in front of her. His " crime" was to be a reserve police officer.
When she was a teenager on a bus on the way to school, a bomb went off on the bus. The reason for bombing a bus full of schoolchildren was that the bus driver was a part time member of the British army.
So its easy to see why remaining British means so much to people like her (and me), because to give in would mean that those who died or were maimed in the cause of democracy and upholding law & order, in the face of the most awful and constant attack, would have suffered and died for nothing.
Its easy for Westminster politicians living in the shires or EU commissioners who have never even been to Northern Ireland to think they know whats best for it, but they should bear this stuff in mind when dealing with the issues involving it.

I'm not Irish but have known and worked with enough people from that side of the sea and that is pretty much spot on  :y

Doff's cap in Albs general direction  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 08 December 2017, 15:17:00 »

It's reported that those born in Northern Ireland will be able to retain European Union citizenship.  :)

I'm sure that Albs is chuffed to bits!  :D  ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.