Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nice easy repair  (Read 1545 times)

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
  • Astra VXR it's a way of life
    • View Profile
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

Gareth Lewis

• Glossop, Derbyshire
  • eCommerce and Website Design & Implementation
    • View Profile
Re: Nice easy repair
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2009, 23:04:23 »

Rough cost of repair?
[size=11]Website: www.online-selling.co.uk
Successful Website Solutions
eCommerce and Website Design, Management & Implementation[/b]
[/size]

mantahatch

« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2009, 13:03:13 »

Not so sure it is that easy, look closely at the offside inner wing. Think that may require more than meets the eye.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2009, 16:53:29 »

Not so sure it is that easy, look closely at the offside inner wing. Think that may require more than meets the eye.

Indeed, that is nasty accident damage and will need many parts to put right.  A 'minor' shunt in my ex-Elite on the front, which was a fraction of that damage, cost £1,800 to put right 8 years ago!  Ok that includes labour costs, but mine didn't need a new bonnet or wing.  This example needs all that plus new under panels, bumper, radiator (?) headlight, and probably chassis straightening, just for starters.

No cheaper I suggest when you can pick up a late fully functioning 2.5, 2.6, 3.0 or 3.2 with all the toys for under £2,500.  This is only a 2.2. :'( :'(

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2009, 00:06:32 »

I'll voice my opinion as soon as my bleedin' internet loads pictures!!!!  >:(

Could be a little gem...
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2009, 00:30:27 »

Hurray! Internet working!!

I'd say if theres a facelift in a scrap yard near you, then thats a really easy, cheap repair. As for price, alot of people will be avoiding such a big, heavy, thirsty car (missing the fact that it weighs less than a modern Mondeo/Insignia and has the neat and rather economical 2.2 from the VX220)

Be great to see it live again. Kind of sick of Star Silver, though. Now if it was Diamond Black.... :P
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2009, 01:08:35 »

Indeed, that is nasty accident damage and will need many parts to put right.  A 'minor' shunt in my ex-Elite on the front, which was a fraction of that damage, cost £1,800 to put right 8 years ago!  Ok that includes labour costs, but mine didn't need a new bonnet or wing.  This example needs all that plus new under panels, bumper, radiator (?) headlight, and probably chassis straightening, just for starters.

No cheaper I suggest when you can pick up a late fully functioning 2.5, 2.6, 3.0 or 3.2 with all the toys for under £2,500.  This is only a 2.2. :'( :'(

Aye, I think your right LZ, a bit of straightening needed, plus getting all the bits will cost a fair bit. The 2.2 isn't bad, easy to service, but a cruiser, not a fast machine.

Looks like another easily fixable car, destined to be scrapped  :'(

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.