Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Battle of wills  (Read 1592 times)

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
Battle of wills
« on: 09 February 2010, 18:36:02 »

Our back door is in the utility room.  The utility room leads into the kitchen.  The back door is fitted with a cat flap, which is not draughtproof.  Because of this, we tend to keep the door between the kitchen and the utility room pulled to, but not closed, at this time of year.

The reason we don't actually close the door is so that the cat can get in and out. 

Of recent days, a major conflict has arisen.  I keep pulling the door to, to keep the rest of the house warm.  The cat keeps pushing it open.  She doesn't actually go outside - too cold - she's not daft.  It doesn't matter how many times I close the door, if she's in the kitchen, she opens it.  Nor does it matter how much I yell at her. 

To date, I have not resorted to violence, but it's only a matter of time. :(
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of wills
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2010, 18:46:19 »

A bucket of water required! ;D ;D ;D

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2010, 18:51:30 »

How does the cat reach the handle to open the interconnecting door?
Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2010, 19:27:33 »

I'm a dog lover but have mixed feelings regarding cats. They're up themselves, untrainable, (the cat will do as it pleases unless you kill it which i don't condone), make good companions for the elderly as they are to a degree self sufficient. Even since i've dug out, sprayed paraquat (yeah i know) laid a membrane & covered with gravel yet still the feline tinkers feel they have the god given right to lay thier clay in my back garden. Why should i put up with this?. I don't hold a shotgun licence but do own a Webley Exocet 22 air rifle that would drop "Tiddles" mid push from a fair range should i be so inclined. I'd never do this but i'd like to.
   Meanwhile lemon bleach will put them off, or a jet of water from the hose, if not i think i know the owners of the offenders so i'll start returning the turds on a shovel with a knock on the door....return to sender!!!
    Sorry to hijack the thread just a raw point at the moment! >:( ::)
Curry makes the world go round!

Welung666

« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2010, 19:30:48 »

I'm a dog lover but have mixed feelings regarding cats. They're up themselves, untrainable, (the cat will do as it pleases unless you kill it which i don't condone), make good companions for the elderly as they are to a degree self sufficient. Even since i've dug out, sprayed paraquat (yeah i know) laid a membrane & covered with gravel yet still the feline tinkers feel they have the god given right to lay thier clay in my back garden. Why should i put up with this?. I don't hold a shotgun licence but do own a Webley Exocet 22 air rifle that would drop "Tiddles" mid push from a fair range should i be so inclined. I'd never do this but i'd like to.
   Meanwhile lemon bleach will put them off, or a jet of water from the hose, if not i think i know the owners of the offenders so i'll start returning the turds on a shovel with a knock on the door....return to sender!!!

Do you know anyone with ferrets? They are about a cats' only predator, get some ferret poop and place it around the edges of your garden. That'll stop 'em ;)
« Last Edit: 09 February 2010, 19:31:08 by Welung666 »

bertiecbx550

« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2010, 19:35:21 »

Talk to captain zok he`s got some ferrets he might even post ya some.... :D ;D ;D ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2010, 19:47:44 »

Do you know anyone with ferrets? They are about a cats' only predator, get some ferret poop and place it around the edges of your garden. That'll stop 'em ;)

Knowing what the average cat is like I'd not put money on the ferrets.

sexydaz

« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2010, 19:54:36 »

Talk to captain zok he`s got some ferrets he might even post ya some.... :D ;D ;D ;D
so if he sent some recorded delivery and the postie was a funky blackman he would say to you...hey man you gotta sign for this shit brother

il get mi coat

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 February 2010, 19:56:25 »

get a black widow and a bag of marbles.  works for me...

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 February 2010, 19:58:02 »

For the OP - what about these plastic strap arrangements that you get in Mothercare and similar baby shops that you put into a cupboard to stop junior getting into the sink cupboard?  One of them on the door will allow it to open just a few inches and no more, allowing Tiddles outside to tiddle but keeping the heat in...

waspy

« Reply #10 on: 09 February 2010, 19:58:17 »

I fully understand what you mean, if you read my posts you'll know that i too have a problem with the Satan's Spawn.
There's far too many were i live. I deliver said turds back to the owner on a regular basis. His cats, his crap :y
Maybe i should let my Rotti mess all over his lawn & see how he likes it ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2010, 20:01:36 »

Our back door is in the utility room.  The utility room leads into the kitchen.  The back door is fitted with a cat flap, which is not draughtproof.  Because of this, we tend to keep the door between the kitchen and the utility room pulled to, but not closed, at this time of year.

The reason we don't actually close the door is so that the cat can get in and out. 

Of recent days, a major conflict has arisen.  I keep pulling the door to, to keep the rest of the house warm.  The cat keeps pushing it open.  She doesn't actually go outside - too cold - she's not daft.  It doesn't matter how many times I close the door, if she's in the kitchen, she opens it.  Nor does it matter how much I yell at her. 

To date, I have not resorted to violence, but it's only a matter of time. :(

.......put it in the curry. ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 February 2010, 20:02:18 »

A bucket of water required! ;D ;D ;D

..or a bit more water (e.g. a village pond or canal, a breeze block and a sack).  ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 February 2010, 21:02:12 »

so if he sent some recorded delivery and the postie was a funky blackman he would say to you...hey man you gotta sign for this shit brother

il get mi coat

Leave your coat where it is, it made me laugh ;D ;D ;D ;D :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

eddie

• Intermediate Member
  • Cardiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 February 2010, 21:18:55 »

As the owner of 2 (was 3 :'() moggies I can sympathise,I keep a patch of my garden dug over and regularly cleaned for them,fair does the little buggers use it! The male cat has been Bricked so he doesnt stink the neighbourhood out,and the female is lesbian (I think!)

eddie
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.