Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: my mig ends on ebay today :-(  (Read 5362 times)

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
Re: my mig ends on ebay today :-(
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2009, 01:42:08 »

Not wanting to be funny about the price but look at this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120428841477

3 litre elite estate, I no it got auto box problem but just look at the price the seller accepted for it.

[size=14]I think the problem we have on this forum is that we think our cars are worth a lot more than they really are.[/size][/b] I am really guilt of this. I have just paid out £60 for windscreen and £60 for air con refill, the reality is that is probably more than half the sale value of my car, but would I pay it again next year if necessary ? yes I would.

Not trying to slate anyone for expecting to much for there cars, as I would not let mine go for £250. But I think buyers for big engine old cars are thin on the ground and are expecting bargains.  :)

Agree - all the gullable folk out there think that it is better to run round in new euro-boxes with nill road tax and pence insurance but forget that they will still have depreciation to suffer.

People baulk at paying the road tax and fuelling these cars now. My minter '53 bought privately came in at a stupidly low price coz the alternative trade in was so low.

I just look at the alternative of suffering £2k pa depreciation on something boring and set that against the cost of runnign the Mig. Only problem comes when an insurance claim comes and they scrap it coz replacing the wing mirror costs more than the car is worth  ;D
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.