Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Boring EU post  (Read 2121 times)

cleggy

Re: Boring EU post
« Reply #15 on: 11 October 2011, 09:00:33 »

I agree, and vote UKIP  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 October 2011, 09:28:21 »

Another nail in the coffin of risk taking. We are all becoming drones. :( :(
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 October 2011, 10:20:23 »

More than stupid. It's insidious.

Gradually – almost imperceptibly – our freedoms are being removed.

Quite so Nick, the insane desire for the Westminster bubble dwellers to continue to stare towards Europe in doe-eyed wonder - or in avaricious desire (for their own well being of course) - is rapidly reducing the citizens of this country to a level where we can be likened to sheep being herded in whatever direction is chosen by the running dogs of the self-interested elite.

It's a bloody shame that we have such a gutless pack in Parliament – mere street-walkers for the pimps of ‘Brussels’.

Martin_1962

« Reply #18 on: 11 October 2011, 10:51:41 »

may get my wristes slashed for this but i usually vote ukip. ::)

I can't.

Too risky.

Was close between "ban hunting and close post offices" person and "son of 1970s MP", will probably be close between "son of 1970s MP" and "woman to be gifted the position as she will be too useless to do it on an open list".

Was difficult enough getting rid of the Blair bum licker, don't want the useless woman in!

We used to have an MP who campaigned for the closure of post offices, then complained they were being closed!

Current MP - his dad was MP for years until retirement.

Labour are running a woman only short list as the labour party women in Worcester are too useless to win an open shortlist - I am very open on this, even posted on local newspaper web site over this.

This is what I think. Women only short lists are sexist and demeaning, they are used where the available women are too rubbish to compete against men. Women should have the right to get the job on there own merits, just like Margaret Thatcher, she needed no shortlist.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 October 2011, 11:08:11 »

I can't.

Too risky.

It comes down to what's more important - local post offices or becoming part of the "united states of Europe".

I haven't ever noticed my MP doing anything, useful or otherwise, at a local level, so it really wouldn't bother me who was doing the "local" job.

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martin_1962

« Reply #20 on: 11 October 2011, 11:15:36 »

I can't.

Too risky.

It comes down to what's more important - local post offices or becoming part of the "united states of Europe".

I haven't ever noticed my MP doing anything, useful or otherwise, at a local level, so it really wouldn't bother me who was doing the "local" job.

Sorry got to keep Labour out - they are too dangerous. Our MP is quite good - working for his pay.

As to post offices, why vote to close them then complain, he was a ****** hypocrite.

****** insert whatever you want (except "not a")

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 October 2011, 13:47:43 »

I can't.

Too risky.

at a local level

That's why there's so much shit being disgorged by local councillors up and down the country - they have nothing to fear from the sovereign parliament, by way of disinterested or inept politicians, or indeed the people whom they purport to represent.

It's vexing that so many people duly elected to Westminster seem to become caught up in the rarefied atmosphere of that place as soon as they put a foot over the threshold and promptly forget about local matters and the very people who put them there.

I've said many times that this country is oppsed - only this time around we are being oppsed by two parties rather than one.

I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm going to participate in a three-way I'd rather have the ability to choose suitable partners based on their ability to do the job correctly rather than the gutless impotent getts we have in power at the moment.

Martin_1962

« Reply #22 on: 11 October 2011, 14:05:50 »

I can't.

Too risky.

Our previous MP was a total waste of space, he was just a Blair yes man.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 October 2011, 02:35:39 »

Interesting interview by Marta Andreasen MEP. UKIP; Former EU Chief Accountant on RT news channel.

She has gone from being a supporter of the EU to being anti-Europe. She was sacked by EU for going public of there being NO accountancy of grants given to individuals to see if it is actually spend on what is has been applied for and NO results are asked for, so fraud is probably rampant, they don't actually know. EU says it is up to individual countries to monitor the grants, countries say it is up to the EU as they give the grants. You couldn't make it up.  :o :o

EU want 4% increase in this budget for 2012, no austerity measures here!  >:( >:( >:(

In last 10 years Greece has received €60billion in aid, she asked the question where was it spent, what have they achieved with it?  ::)

When asked if the Euro crisis resulted in closer financial integration of countries, who would benefit the most. Her reply EU bureaucrats.  >:( >:( >:(

RT News channel anti-USA, West and Israel is not really to my taste, but it is interesting to get a Russian prospective on the world. There is a very well written article on Euro crisis here:

http://rt.com/business/news/crisis-builds-early-crescendo-553/

The best financial blog on the worlds financial crisis I have found in "Notayesmanineconomics". It is a non-political commentary and analysis by an economist who seems to be consistently ahead of events.  :y

http://www.mindfulmoney.co.uk/wp/author/shaun-richards/
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 October 2011, 09:20:58 »

Interesting interview by Marta Andreasen MEP. UKIP; Former EU Chief Accountant on RT news channel.

She has gone from being a supporter of the EU to being anti-Europe. She was sacked by EU for going public of there being NO accountancy of grants given to individuals to see if it is actually spend on what is has been applied for and NO results are asked for, so fraud is probably rampant, they don't actually know. EU says it is up to individual countries to monitor the grants, countries say it is up to the EU as they give the grants. You couldn't make it up.  :o :o

EU want 4% increase in this budget for 2012, no austerity measures here!  >:( >:( >:(

In last 10 years Greece has received €60billion in aid, she asked the question where was it spent, what have they achieved with it?  ::)

When asked if the Euro crisis resulted in closer financial integration of countries, who would benefit the most. Her reply EU bureaucrats.  >:( >:( >:(

RT News channel anti-USA, West and Israel is not really to my taste, but it is interesting to get a Russian prospective on the world. There is a very well written article on Euro crisis here:

The best financial blog on the worlds financial crisis I have found in "Notayesmanineconomics". It is a non-political commentary and analysis by an economist who seems to be consistently ahead of events.  :y

It is disappointing to see how the quite reasonable desire of having a 'common trading market' operating between certain European nations has morphed into the worrying plan for a continental power house with Brussels holding the key to the door.

There is no doubt that when tax raising powers are sought by ‘Brussels’  and agreed to by the member nations – by dint of threat, bribery or political attrition – yet another nail will be driven into the coffin of our ability to have and retain national self-determination.

This European experiment is rapidly becoming a dangerous blend of differing constituent elements the net result of which can only be an unwelcome and quite unnecessary explosion - yet those at Westminster continue to let this behemoth gain power over our parliamentary and legal system which, to my mind, is a gross dereliction of their duty – their elected duty - to serve the people of this country.

It’s a bloody disgrace.

Good to have the link to RT, I watch this regularly along with Press TV to get that uncomfortable perspective into how others rate our place on the international stage.

Interesting link to mindfulmoney – thanks.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 October 2011, 10:34:46 »

I have no doubt whatsoever that the original good ideas of a common market or an economic union have been lost or at least swamped by these power hungry maniacs in Brussels. What planet do they live on where everyone is tightening their belts(except them)?

I know of a good example of misuse of grants. It is only a small scale, no doubt there are many where it is billions of euros that are just frittered away. Human nature being what it is we let the big stuff slip away unremarked but hone in on the small stuff as we can"identify" with figures that aren't astronomical. There was a big initiative for small companies(in spain and probably elsewhere) to employ new young workers off the dole Q. In return the SME  gets a grant. So what happens? After 5.9 months the worker loses their job to avoid having to give them a contract with employment rights. A fresh person is taken on and a new grant received (they are after all taking a person off the dole Q). It is too big a problem and too small an individual amount for the lazy buearacrats to check it isn't being frauded.

Greece. What have they spent the money on? Easy one - Cars, Women and Retsina. No one is checking, why not. Oh and don't go thinking that it is only some countries in the EU that are corrupt. They all are even Britain. We just generally hide it better in Britain. 

Thanks for the links. I bet Nickbat has already bookmarked them :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Nickbat

« Reply #26 on: 12 October 2011, 11:09:15 »

Thanks for the links. I bet Nickbat has already bookmarked them :y

Yes, indeed, Varche. ;)

Thanks Rods2 for posting. :y :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 October 2011, 14:37:01 »

So does John Bercow. 4% increase in the Commons budget. Austerity for all except those dishing it out. You couldn't make it up.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 October 2011, 14:38:00 »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 October 2011, 14:39:10 »

So does John Bercow. 4% increase in the Commons budget. Austerity for all except those dishing it out. You couldn't make it up.

They need some more money to motivate themselves to sort out all the problems they've created for us, of course. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.