Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen - Missing Omega, 2000 FL White Ex Police Saloon.  (Read 4802 times)

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen - Missing Omega, 2000 FL White Ex Police Saloon.
« Reply #30 on: 19 April 2014, 22:37:02 »

what`s the old saying "Bad news travels fast", may she rest in pieces :'(

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 April 2014, 22:39:43 »

I think a bigger threat these days is from Eastern Europe, where Omegas are much more expensive than here and are treated at the luxury end of cars. I'm sure many are stolen, exported and then stripped to keep other Omegas running. Where legal importation is very expensive in some countries, I'm sure some are stolen to order, illegally imported, converted to LHD and cloned to replace accident damaged or scrapped cars.  >:( >:( >:(

Would they even bother with that?  :-\

I'm sure that if you go far enough east to the 'Stans' for example there are plenty of RHD's going about. :-\

Yes, because it is relatively easy to do and some Eastern European countries do not allow the registration of RHD cars, so as a clone it would stand out like a sore thumb.

In the Ukraine, the corrupt police will use the slightest excuse to extract money from any opportunity, even more so if a law has been broken. :o :o :o

In terms of the most corrupt officials in Ukraine:

1. Police.
2. Tax officials.
3. Border Guards.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

05omegav6

« Reply #32 on: 19 April 2014, 22:47:50 »

That explains why Putin hasn't crossed the border in force... He literally can't afford to.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 April 2014, 14:27:27 »

That explains why Putin hasn't crossed the border in force... He literally can't afford to.

Russia is not better. Corruption in both countries starts at the very top. EU helping Ukraine get rid of it with their free trade agreement and the election of a new generation of politicians is what scares Putin as it might look an attractive option to Russian voters and Putin certainly has no intentions of allowing that. When people in Russia vote the wrong way, it is not unusual for the number of votes to exceed the number of registered voters in a district, once the Putin correction factor has been added. :o :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

05omegav6

« Reply #34 on: 21 April 2014, 14:42:03 »

My comment was tongue firmly in cheek, but nothing you have said surprises me :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.