Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Jag XF Sportbrake  (Read 14122 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Jag XF Sportbrake
« Reply #60 on: 05 November 2019, 17:27:30 »

Because stupid people who bought the original W140 S Class kept breaking the electrically positioned one by manually forcing it rather than using the convenient switch. So for the face-lift, they deleted it. Permanently.

Someone at Mercedes should have bought an Omega to see how it should have worked then  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 05 November 2019, 18:11:35 »

For us, memory is essential, due to Er-indoors random driving position in full munchkin mode
Shame they don't do the internal mirror :(

Its a PITA when she's been using the car ;D
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #62 on: 05 November 2019, 18:18:08 »

I feel sorry for you people, I really do.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 05 November 2019, 18:41:38 »

For us, memory is essential, due to Er-indoors random driving position in full munchkin mode
Shame they don't do the internal mirror :(

Its a PITA when she's been using the car ;D

So Jag are the same as Merc ... I wonder what reason they give for not including the interior RVM

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 05 November 2019, 21:59:28 »

Because stupid people who bought the original W140 S Class kept breaking the electrically positioned one by manually forcing it rather than using the convenient switch. So for the face-lift, they deleted it. Permanently.

Someone at Mercedes should have bought an Omega to see how it should have worked then  ;D
Mercedes engineers weren't the problem...

It was more to do with the customers, or their wives, who never bothered Please read the manual ::)

Trouble is, being fully motorised meant the mechanism was really weak so didn't take long to break when people went to adjust them by hand, making them all floppy.

The easiest solution was clearly to delete the function rather than trying to educate the owners... The cost of which would probably have doubled the car's not insignificant development costs ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 07 November 2019, 16:51:26 »

The obvious solution for Merc would have been to design the mirror properly, as Opel did back in the early 90s.

Jaguar I'll excuse, seeing as they can't even get a clock to update. A mirror is simply too far for them ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 08 November 2019, 04:37:58 »

The obvious solution for Merc would have been to design the mirror properly, as Opel did back in the early 90s.

Jaguar I'll excuse, seeing as they can't even get a clock to update. A mirror is simply too far for them ;D

Amen to that. The auto dipping mirror in the XE is completely pants. Doesn't auto adjust, as discussed, and only after someone with misaligned headlights has been following you for about 10 minutes does it allow you to be dazzled with light with a slightly green tint instead. >:(

How hard is it just to give me a little lever to dip the mirror myself at night? >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 08 November 2019, 10:57:52 »

The auto dipping mirror in the newer bus works really well, Vauxhall appear to do them right :y

aaronjb

« Reply #68 on: 08 November 2019, 11:10:28 »

How hard is it just to give me a little lever to dip the mirror myself at night? >:(

Jesus man, next you'll want a windy handle for the windows, too!  :P ;D

STEMO

« Reply #69 on: 08 November 2019, 11:22:46 »

The auto dipping mirror in the newer bus works really well, Vauxhall appear to do them right :y
Same as my astra, so it can't be that difficult, can it?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 08 November 2019, 11:47:06 »

I was never particularly impressed with my Omega's auto dip mirror & just left the rear blind up.
I have to admit though that my Merc's auto dip mirror works quite well & tells the driver's door mirror to dip too. (They say though that the dipping door mirror glass is stupidly expensive)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 08 November 2019, 12:46:03 »

My Omega had the memory seats and at the time didn't realise how handy the memory part was. The R Class had electric seats doing every thing electric but no memory .... after moving the seat for what ever ... hoovering etc, it took me ages to get the seat back to where it was before. I made sure I had memory seats on my ML ..... why do you have to manually move the interior mirror though?  ???

The theory I was told is that head height should be constant no matter the stature of the person (if the seat is set such that you get optimum visibility of the road/bonnet etc).

That of course doesn't allow for the fact the seat also goes forward/rearward!

Smart rear view mirrors of course resolve all, of that

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 08 November 2019, 12:55:49 »

Amen to that. The auto dipping mirror in the XE is completely pants. Doesn't auto adjust, as discussed, and only after someone with misaligned headlights has been following you for about 10 minutes does it allow you to be dazzled with light with a slightly green tint instead. >:(

You can retrofit the manual one.

That said it works great on ours, as do the dimming wing mirrors

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 08 November 2019, 12:56:38 »

I was never particularly impressed with my Omega's auto dip mirror & just left the rear blind up.
I have to admit though that my Merc's auto dip mirror works quite well & tells the driver's door mirror to dip too. (They say though that the dipping door mirror glass is stupidly expensive)

Probably is, I grabbed a pair of spares off a scrapper just in case 6 months ago

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 08 November 2019, 13:17:07 »

Certainly the 20way seats in my one, also available in the XF, were more comfortable than any Zaf I've been in, though maybe I got the setting just right :)

But your short arse, properly sized people like me at 6ft5 find most seats lacking in thigh support.

The extending front part in the SRI trim, are very comfortable and supportive.
No, Lanky, I'm normal. In every way.

;D

Yet you don't fancy the arse off Shami C. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.