Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DPF regen  (Read 4643 times)

STEMO

Re: DPF regen
« Reply #30 on: 10 February 2018, 17:39:57 »

The XJ is the first car I've had with DPF.  I've yet to notice it doing one, though I suspect it must have done by now.

It has lights on dash, but believe it only illuminates (amber) if it has really needed to do one, but not been able to. Or red if it really, really, really needs to do one.  I've only seen lamp come on as part of the ignition sequence.

That said, given my piss poor economy, maybe its constantly doing one.  When I got home the other night, it certainly stank when I got out.
Yes, it does stink after doing one. If the astra's DPF is getting critical after a few partial or aborted cleans, a message comes up saying "Keep driving, filter blocked" or similar.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 February 2018, 17:41:52 »

I hope you have made a note in your will to specify petrol powered hearse. Imagine the ignominy of arriving at a sedate pace and then the mourner having to wait while the hearse did a regen , the finish of which would be marked by a puff of w
I hope you have made a note in your will to specify petrol powered hearse. Imagine the ignominy of arriving at a sedate pace and then the mourner having to wait while the hearse did a regen , the finish of which would be marked by a puff of white smoke issuing from the rear of the vehicle ( a 2.2 stretch limo diesel XF?)  ;D ;D
hite  issuing from the rear of the vehicle ( a 2.2 stretch limo diesel XF?)  ;D ;D
Or from the Crem chimney? ;)

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10 February 2018, 19:12:43 »

Back in 2012 we had a new insignia sri estate and it was a pain in the arse to be honest as no matter how long I kept the revs up driving etc it would constantly be regenerating no matter how hard I drove it. and in the end was glad to take it back to the dealer and hand them the keys.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 February 2018, 22:20:33 »

On the insignia there is a mod whereby you connect an LED to the heated mirror wire and it comes on when it’s doing a regen.

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/insignia-dpf-led-indicator.609721/

Not sure if this would work with yours. I have never noticed it doing one on mine in the 7 months ive had it. I have an icarsoft code reader that can tell me how much % soot accumulation and also miles since last regen which is normally around the 300 mile mark.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2018, 22:25:27 by plym ian »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10 February 2018, 22:54:57 »

Having to regenerate twice per tankful seems rather poor :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 February 2018, 23:29:34 »

I was “dialled” into the VW and noticed it’s regens, but with the Zaf I’m yet to notice it.  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.