Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Providers  (Read 3230 times)

aaronjb

Re: Internet Providers
« Reply #15 on: 14 August 2018, 18:42:37 »

I did have the sense to pick a decent Gmail address a long time ago and very useful it is too  :y But I do assume that Google is reading everything I send and receive  hence the desire for a separate email account.

Since email is considered a clear-text protocol (i.e. transport between mail servers is commonly unencrypted), I assume GCHQ/NSA/etc read all my email anyway ;) If you need any sense of privacy then you need end-to-end encryption (PGP or similar), so, really, Google is just one more person reading your email  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2018, 18:19:30 »

If you have a proper name, you don't need a number ::)

Or if you got in there Google have been reading your email for years ago..  :D

FTFY. :y
I did have the sense to pick a decent Gmail address a long time ago and very useful it is too  :y But I do assume that Google is reading everything I send and receive  hence the desire for a separate email account.

Considering they track anyone making searches or using Google maps, even when you've told them not track you and have location services off, it's not a far jump to reading email.
Not to mention all the shit Chrome and Android report back...

...and of course google read email, but probably for no other purpose than to target ads.
Grumpy old man

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 October 2018, 12:06:48 »

Yep,  you won't regret going with zen.
Getting a domain name is the best way to give yourself flexibility. Might as well do it now and only suffer a change of email, erc. Once imho.
Right -  registered my own domain 6 weeks ago and signed up with Zen to get it hosted.
The new email has been working fine so I pressed the button 2 weeks ago to switch phone and internet connection as well.

Switch should occur tomorrow - mobile phone doesn't work in this part of Cornwall so should be interesting if the new connection doesn't work first time.....
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.