Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit stockpiling  (Read 1059 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Brexit stockpiling
« on: 18 July 2018, 22:19:50 »

Anyone going to be engaging in this in the event of a no deal?

can't make my mind up whether this is an establishment chipping away at Brexit "Project Fear" or a real concern.

I know that the Pharmaceutical companies have real concerns about supplies in both directions of pills etc. To do with testing and standards. You would have thought common sense would apply but one Uk company has already spent 40 million in case of a no deal scenario.

Anyway apparently there are 70 technical notices to be printed of products that will dry up in the Uk in the early days following a no deal. Money to be made there if you can corner the market now...………..

PS I can help with olives and lettuces if anyone wants a quantity ! :y :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit stockpiling
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2018, 22:24:44 »

Theresa wants a BREXIT MEANS BRINO and Boris wants a BREXIT MEANS BREXIT.

....at least the Tory party all agree. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2018, 00:21:53 »

As long as you have plenty of candles and tins of baked beans and spam, all will be well.  :)

In any case, as I understand it WTO rules preclude excessive customs checks and testing as long as there are mutually recognised standards, and given that the day after No Deal Day (NDD+1) nothing will have changed.  ;) 

So the EU will not have had time to lower their standards to the point that they are unacceptable for the UK.  :D

Interesting read here:)
« Last Edit: 19 July 2018, 00:23:28 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2018, 00:58:17 »

Just need one other country to have the guts to pull out and all this current crap will be of no relevance :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2018, 04:15:34 »

If the channel ports are blocked through EU bloody mindedness then the biggest thing it will affect in March is fresh produce. I got the contacts and know the air routes, so there is $$$ to be made and why let George Soros make it all when I can earn a few £££s. I love change, I love innovation as an entrepreneur they all create new £££s opportunities, what is there not to like. ;) ;) ;)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2018, 08:29:39 »

Running out of food is just to soften us up for when we run out of electricity when they force everyone into electric vehicles powered entirely by 'renewables' ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2018, 08:53:19 »

If the channel ports are blocked through EU bloody mindedness then the biggest thing it will affect in March is fresh produce. I got the contacts and know the air routes, so there is $$$ to be made and why let George Soros make it all when I can earn a few £££s. I love change, I love innovation as an entrepreneur they all create new £££s opportunities, what is there not to like. ;) ;) ;)

I have sent you my bulk lettuce rates.  :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.