Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WHITE DIALS & CHROME SURROUNDS  (Read 4509 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: WHITE DIALS & CHROME SURROUNDS
« Reply #15 on: 20 March 2007, 20:23:58 »

Love the dials Mike but will you please get a new number plate - the one with the grafitti on it lets your car down  :(

Or you could just photoshop it out  :y

Is that better Chops?....HAPPY NOW :y

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2007, 08:23:48 »

Now thats a problem, given that I have superglued the glass back on :-X....So to fix it I would need to replace the whole housing, and it just so happens I have a spare but it is Max's., ....Thanks for the advice though Jim, will give that a go.

How did you fit them? did you not remove the whole intrument's panel (just a few screws) and then separate the dials from the surround (also a few screws) place the new dials in position (held in place with a bit of silicone on the back) then do the thing I said earlier about refit the needle's, refit the surround, then refit the intrument panel, then Bob's your uncle :y

No need to reomove the clear plactic or seperate it from the housing

Yeah I see what you mean now Jim, I fitted the whole panel back at once, but yes you are right it can be done without the housing in place, cheers :y
No Problems Mate :y

When are you back up in Scotland as we're having a meet at easter of the Jockular Omega
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2007, 18:37:43 »

Now thats a problem, given that I have superglued the glass back on :-X....So to fix it I would need to replace the whole housing, and it just so happens I have a spare but it is Max's., ....Thanks for the advice though Jim, will give that a go.

How did you fit them? did you not remove the whole intrument's panel (just a few screws) and then separate the dials from the surround (also a few screws) place the new dials in position (held in place with a bit of silicone on the back) then do the thing I said earlier about refit the needle's, refit the surround, then refit the intrument panel, then Bob's your uncle :y

No need to reomove the clear plactic or seperate it from the housing

Yeah I see what you mean now Jim, I fitted the whole panel back at once, but yes you are right it can be done without the housing in place, cheers :y
No Problems Mate :y

When are you back up in Scotland as we're having a meet at easter of the Jockular Omega

I am in Thailand all next month, so plans are when I get back in may england/scotland and VBOA meet, no plans at the mo for going up to Dundee this year
« Last Edit: 21 March 2007, 18:50:01 by mickdundee »

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 March 2007, 21:29:40 »

Love the dials Mike but will you please get a new number plate - the one with the grafitti on it lets your car down  :(

Or you could just photoshop it out  :y

Is that better Chops?....HAPPY NOW :y

Much better, thanks  :) :P
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 March 2007, 12:19:32 »

how did you get the chrome surrounds to stick.....

I have had a nightmare with mine  >:(

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 March 2007, 12:26:56 »

how did you get the chrome surrounds to stick.....

I have had a nightmare with mine  >:(

Yeah afraid they are a bit of a nightmare as they are not exactly a perfect fit, what I done was stick them on with superglue, taped them in place first, glued them from underneath, let them set...then I took them off this then left the residue, as i decided to spray the housing, then I just done repeated the process again.

Hope this helps, just do one at a time though :y

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #21 on: 31 March 2007, 02:50:04 »

No problems doing whatever you want to the housing Mike... like i said, the ONLY bit I need back is the Clock assembly itself.,.. for the Mileage... as it's the original one from My Elite.

should you ever need another housing , I have YET ANOTHER spare still anyway....  

that spray looks rather nice mate.  I wasn't sure at first, but in your motor, i reckon it's tasty!

Max
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31 March 2007, 08:25:47 »

No problems doing whatever you want to the housing Mike... like i said, the ONLY bit I need back is the Clock assembly itself.,.. for the Mileage... as it's the original one from My Elite.

should you ever need another housing , I have YET ANOTHER spare still anyway....  

that spray looks rather nice mate.  I wasn't sure at first, but in your motor, i reckon it's tasty!

Max

No problems Max, I may have a run down to Oxford and drop the clocks back to you tomorrow?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.