Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Locking wheel nut problem  (Read 10129 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Locking wheel nut problem
« Reply #60 on: 02 January 2018, 09:12:40 »

Yes, go to a breakers and get one complete - it only has to do a few miles until the puncture in the normal wheel has been repaired.

Ron.
As the Mokka has not been around long, I wonder if there are many being scrapped yet

I can't believe the wheel size is unique to the Mokka, so I'm sure plenty of Vauxhall models will yield a suitable spare. Make a note of the wheel size and what space saver sizes would be suitable and pop in to a scrappy and pick one up much cheaper than eGay. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02 January 2018, 10:15:07 »

I have used these people in the past:-

https://www.breakerlink.com/quotes/

They put out tenders to all of your local breakers and email you a list of those who have what you are looking for, with prices.

Ron.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02 January 2018, 10:27:53 »

My sister Kathleen accepts she needs a spare wheel. She brought her car here this afternoon. The spare wheel space is 29" diameter, 9" deep. Road wheels are 26" diameter 8" deep; so far so good. She does not plan to change a wheel at the roadside at 77. so does not want jack or wheelbrace.

On e-bay I have found a Mokka steel wheel rim for £64.95 and a wheel with tyre for £144.85, both free delivery.

Has anyone any better suggestions?

Hunt around, you can get a Mokka spare wheel with tyre and tool kit for about 130-140 (sometimes less but depends on timing/luck), no other Vx spare fits sadly.

There is a spare wheel well and it will fit the 18 inch wheel with a deflated tyre, 19 inch should also fit although obviously you can just pop it in the back for the short trip to get it repaired/replaced.

And yes, as per many of the newer GMs. they are a stud and nut fixing which get torqued to 140Nm (from memory)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02 January 2018, 17:03:07 »

And yes, as per many of the newer GMs. they are a stud and nut fixing which get torqued to 140Nm (from memory)
So also pack Weetabix ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.