Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chip Tuning 2.6 V6 (Petrol)  (Read 7635 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Chip Tuning 2.6 V6 (Petrol)
« Reply #30 on: 15 May 2019, 16:03:33 »

Someone could make me a remap for my 2.6 with the 3.0 map?
Why, theres no point and too little gains to be had.

The way to go is 3.0 Engine all day long, Ive played around with getting the most out of these lumps for a long time now, the 3.0 has far the best Power vs Fuel Ecomomy of all the V6's, Re Chipping it will give better MPG when driven normally in the right and lower Torque Range but wont do much on its own for increased performance.

The very best you can get from these 3.0 is to Re Chip them (preferably with the Courtenay ReMap Chip over the SuperChips one)  fit Widened Throttle Bodies gas flow then and Port to the Penlium intake, Gas flow and Port the Inlet Manifold the Heads, if the Heads are coming off Port the Inlet on the Heads to the Valves, do the same to the Exhaust side of the Heads, Change the Down Pipes (Exhaust Manifold), fit K&N Air Filter or similar (without the Oil) and retain the Cold Feed setup, Fit a less restrictive SS Exhaust System, doesn't need to be too loud either, a nice deep thumping over the over the Boy Racer Rasp sounds ok on the V6's. And thats pretty much it for standard Aspiration.

If you really get bored fit 4 x G Cams with the above, gives a very slight more aggression at the top end of the Revs.

In the UK, If your running LPG you could loose the Cats (Present the Car on LPG to the MOT Tester and good luck with that one) but it really does sound horrible far too noisy.

Last but not least an LSD will help delivering the power to the tarmac, if your that way inclined, and If your running Manual Box you could swap out your 3.7 for a 3.9 Diff from an Auto box setup for tad more acceleration benefit but your lose out on MPG, and trust me the extra Rev's will drive you round the bend when cruising at speed on the Motorway.

You could potentially do most of the above with the 3.2, but its never going to be as Economical and you really are in the hands of the Gods when comes to the ReMapping.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2019, 16:12:25 by zirk »

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 May 2019, 18:22:56 »

Someone could make me a remap for my 2.6 with the 3.0 map?
Why, theres no point and too little gains to be had.

The way to go is 3.0 Engine all day long, Ive played around with getting the most out of these lumps for a long time now, the 3.0 has far the best Power vs Fuel Ecomomy of all the V6's, Re Chipping it will give better MPG when driven normally in the right and lower Torque Range but wont do much on its own for increased performance.

The very best you can get from these 3.0 is to Re Chip them (preferably with the Courtenay ReMap Chip over the SuperChips one)  fit Widened Throttle Bodies gas flow then and Port to the Penlium intake, Gas flow and Port the Inlet Manifold the Heads, if the Heads are coming off Port the Inlet on the Heads to the Valves, do the same to the Exhaust side of the Heads, Change the Down Pipes (Exhaust Manifold), fit K&N Air Filter or similar (without the Oil) and retain the Cold Feed setup, Fit a less restrictive SS Exhaust System, doesn't need to be too loud either, a nice deep thumping over the over the Boy Racer Rasp sounds ok on the V6's. And thats pretty much it for standard Aspiration.

If you really get bored fit 4 x G Cams with the above, gives a very slight more aggression at the top end of the Revs.

In the UK, If your running LPG you could loose the Cats (Present the Car on LPG to the MOT Tester and good luck with that one) but it really does sound horrible far too noisy.

Last but not least an LSD will help delivering the power to the tarmac, if your that way inclined, and If your running Manual Box you could swap out your 3.7 for a 3.9 Diff from an Auto box setup for tad more acceleration benefit but your lose out on MPG, and trust me the extra Rev's will drive you round the bend when cruising at speed on the Motorway.

You could potentially do most of the above with the 3.2, but its never going to be as Economical and you really are in the hands of the Gods when comes to the ReMapping.

Hi
I don't  look the maximum power, simply adapt the map for the 2.6 ecu because I'm having problems with the lambda and fuel trims and I want to eliminate possible problems by not wearing the right thing. However, it's possible use ReChipped map to 3.0 for my 2.6? Increase Fuel economy looks fine. I'm in spain and use lpg
« Last Edit: 15 May 2019, 18:27:00 by olm »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 May 2019, 19:05:34 »

Codes and live data for running issues  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2019, 19:29:13 »

Well, after road a time, it has come back out fuel trim p0173. Measuring voltage of the probes the bank of the failure marks 0,44v stable. This is due to failure of the probe or the ecu is in protection mode and leaves that fixed value? I say it because maybe the probe was fine and the fault came from somewhere else, right?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.