Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A Day At The Auctions  (Read 5814 times)

aaronjb

Re: A Day At The Auctions
« Reply #15 on: 18 September 2018, 08:25:24 »

Newsflash: This just in! Business out to make money!

:P ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 September 2018, 09:37:47 »

Theiving vermin bastids.

They offered me £50 for my MoT failure Omega. Scrapped it with a firm in Preston for £183 collected.

Its just a(nother) tax on the lazy and the breakless.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 September 2018, 09:45:25 »

At the couple of auctions I've been to, the only potential bargains have been in the highest risk, completely undocumented / unknown history / condition category.

One made me laugh. Complete shed of a Renault 5, blowing blue smoke out of the exhaust with about 2 weeks MOT.

" Come on, lads, this is cheaper than a taxi home!" ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 18 September 2018, 10:11:26 »

FWIW, WBAC offered me £17k on the Skoda.

It failed to sell at £18.5k, privately, earlier this year.

That doesn't seem like an awful deal, really.. they just aren't interested in cars only fit for the crusher ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 September 2018, 11:01:33 »

That doesn't seem like an awful deal, really.. they just aren't interested in cars only fit for the crusher ;)

Evans Halshaw matched WBAC for my VW when I traded it, as you say they just don't do bargin bangers.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18 September 2018, 11:19:18 »

Evans Halshaw matched WBAC for my VW when I traded it, as you say they just don't do bargin bangers.

No there's no profit in them.

Take Dr G's £50 scrapper Omega.  They'd have to transport it to the nearest auction centre and then have all the costs of storage and putting through auction to get what? £200 max?  ???

The money is obviously in nice motors like the Disco I was after and I have seen some very nice cars go through BCA that have come from WBAC.com.  :)

I think I'll start up www.webuyanycarforabitmore.com  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 September 2018, 11:25:00 »

£17000 for a derv Skoda?............has the world gone mad? :)

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 18 September 2018, 11:31:10 »

That's exactly what happened with the captur. I told EH what WBAC  had offered, he went away and, when he came back, said ok, we'll match it.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 September 2018, 11:46:43 »

That's exactly what happened with the captur. I told EH what WBAC  had offered, he went away and, when he came back, said ok, we'll match it.

Given the very low prices WBAC offer, shouldn't you have wanted more for a P/X rather than just letting them match it?  :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 September 2018, 11:57:26 »

Given the very low prices WBAC offer, shouldn't you have wanted more for a P/X rather than just letting them match it?  :-\

From my experience WBAC offered a quite reasonable price, not far off retail. Maybe could have squeezed £500 more on trader, but given the hassle, not really worth it.

I actually used we buy any bike to sell my old BMW GS, not that they are linked. They offered near retail for it, mind you, the chap did read the wrong number on the sheet apparently and transferred me more than original email offer.  :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 September 2018, 12:27:27 »

From my experience WBAC offered a quite reasonable price, not far off retail. Maybe could have squeezed £500 more on trader, but given the hassle, not really worth it.

I actually used we buy any bike to sell my old BMW GS, not that they are linked. They offered near retail for it, mind you, the chap did read the wrong number on the sheet apparently and transferred me more than original email offer.  :D

Which of course you returned. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 September 2018, 12:42:37 »

£17000 for a derv Skoda?............has the world gone mad? :)
Someone bought it new...  So yes, madness :D ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2018, 12:44:18 »

WBAC prices, more or less, match the trade in price given on Parkers.

The figures:
Renault captur 1.5dci nav. List price ~£17500. We got ours pre reg, 2 months old, 7 miles on the clock for ~£12250.
Two years on, captur now done 18,000 miles, we got £8500 against the astra.
Vauxhall astra 1.6 cdti auto. List price ~£18000. 12 months old, 9000 miles, we got it for £10,120.

So, we gave EH our captur and £1620 for the astra which, as I explained at the time, we needed because the wife was having trouble with her left leg and needed an auto.

We were very happy with the prices paid for both cars and the trade in we got, and that's what matters.
Cue the maths teachers.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 September 2018, 12:55:14 »

Which of course you returned. :)

Errrrr.  ::)  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 September 2018, 13:40:57 »

WBAC prices, more or less, match the trade in price given on Parkers.

The figures:
Renault captur 1.5dci nav. List price ~£17500. We got ours pre reg, 2 months old, 7 miles on the clock for ~£12250.
Two years on, captur now done 18,000 miles, we got £8500 against the astra.
Vauxhall astra 1.6 cdti auto. List price ~£18000. 12 months old, 9000 miles, we got it for £10,120.

So, we gave EH our captur and £1620 for the astra which, as I explained at the time, we needed because the wife was having trouble with her left leg and needed an auto.

We were very happy with the prices paid for both cars and the trade in we got, and that's what matters.
Cue the maths teachers.

This is of course what matters and I'm not having a go Uncle STEMO.  :-*

I'm just surprised and am now wondering if WBAC has become the benchmark for trade prices.  :-\

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.