Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driving in France.....  (Read 1482 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Driving in France.....
« on: 23 June 2018, 20:27:56 »

Anyone intending to travel to France is reminded that from the 1st July 2018 the speed limit on most A & B roads will be reduced from 90 km/hr (56mph) to 80 km/hr (50 mph)

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/driving-abroad/speed-limits-in-france/

Also, the "Crit'Air" emissions system has been extended to cover 8 cities, not just the previous 3, and more are expected to follow. Failure to display the "vignette" can lead to large "on-the-spot" fines.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/

:)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Driving in France.....
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2018, 09:42:16 »

Did anyone stick to the old 90kph limit?  So can't see the 80kph limit being respected and more than the drink drive laws there ;D

But, that's what happens when you allow do-gooders, and they feel they have a victory.

Much like round here, all the NSL roads are now 50mph, which leads to the crazy situation where a reasonable straight A road is 50mph, but the single track, bendy, unclassified lane that runs roughly parallel is NSL.  Fikwits ;D

My issue with it is a significant proportion of drivers around here drive at 15mph below the limit, so whereas before, they all drove at 45mph, which was usually almost enough to maintain lockup in 4th gear, now they all drive at 35mph, which most definitely isn't maintaining 4th gear or lockup, so is mullering economy.

People not driving at least at the limit on a clear dry day should with be
a) Shot
b) Have their licence revoked
(Pick depending on how much of a do-gooder you are)

Thanks for the heads up Entwood, as we're off to see the cheese eating surrender monkeys next summer.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2018, 10:14:10 »

The Welsh 'government' have reduced the speed limit on a long stretch of the duel carriageway A470 by Pontypridd to 50mph for air quality reasons.  ::)

As TB says many now drive at 40mph and the previously free flowing stretch is now congested and the slow moving.  I can see a lot of accidents happening due to frustration.  :-\

Do gooding oppswits!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2018, 11:33:41 »

I can see the A264 becoming 40 all the way from Horsham to Pease Pottage before the end of the year now that they have built 20,000,000 new houses at Faygate along with a set of lights and protected right turn 200 yards after one roundabout and 1/4 mile from the next one...

Opposing retarded Onanists doesn't quite do it justice  >:(
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2018, 11:58:43 »

There was a time, not so very long ago, that France had little interest in enforcing speed limits.

What went wrong? :-\ 

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2018, 12:15:32 »

The need for more money perhaps?Dressed up as safety and evironmentally friendly of course.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 June 2018, 12:46:59 »

There was a time, not so very long ago, that France had little interest in enforcing speed limits.

Not sure of that as I always used to see the Gendarmerie hanging around on the A26 out of Calais hoping to catch fast moving Rosbif!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2018, 14:07:18 »

Not sure of that as I always used to see the Gendarmerie hanging around on the A26 out of Calais hoping to catch fast moving Rosbif!  ::)

Well their weekend drinks and entertainment kitty needs to come from somewhere. ::) ::) ::)

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. These pollution issues are EU wide as I'm sure any French Gauloises chain smoking green will be happy to remind you on how important European air quality is. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.