Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap Wishbone kit on E B*y  (Read 2883 times)

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
Cheap Wishbone kit on E B*y
« on: 07 January 2020, 19:32:42 »

Heads up for someone maybe .  E bay item 153785191940  full kit of 2 Bones   2 drop links and 2 track rods  new and unused in packaging from Germany.  item is in Towcester and are collection only . Seller wont send them  ( already asked as too far for me to go)  £25 at moment  . ;) ;)
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Wishbone kit on E B*y
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2020, 20:17:48 »

I think the seller hasn't read the labels on the packaging properly.
States in the listing  'All made in Germany'. The company is Atec Germany, but unfortunately on the label it states - 'Made in PRC'.
Not that I am saying everything made in China is bad, but personally without any experience of their quality, I would probably look elsewhere.
Yet if they don't make much more than the start price, they could be worth a punt if you are close enough to pick them up.....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2020, 20:31:49 »

I think the seller hasn't read the labels on the packaging properly.
States in the listing  'All made in Germany'. The company is Atec Germany, but unfortunately on the label it states - 'Made in PRC'.
Not that I am saying everything made in China is bad, but personally without any experience of their quality, I would probably look elsewhere.
Yet if they don't make much more than the start price, they could be worth a punt if you are close enough to pick them up.....

Well spotted Sherlock  ;D ;D ;D          made in PRC would put me off     but worth a punt at £25 ?? 

Saying that I have used ATP ones for years  . . .guess thay could well be made there as well  :-\ :-\
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2020, 01:41:49 »

The ATEC wishbones seem to be laser etched with ATEC, Germany, part number and what looks like a production date/serial number, 2016.....

The laser etching makesb them look a bit classier than the run of the mill wishbones. Might be worth a punt.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2020, 02:53:00 »

That's exactly what you get sent if you order from ATP ::)

Whether going to Towcester to collect them is worth the £50 saving is an individual choice, but £25 is cheap even for those... ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2020, 09:50:49 »

I will say, a lot of stuff is made in China. This isn't the problem, the problem is quality control. If a company from Europe wants to manufacture their stuff in China, which a lot do, then they most impose their own quality controls and checks to make sure corners aren't being cut. Whereas, stuff the Chinese sell directly to us, has probably been copied from another place and may have had no quality control/safety checks at all.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2020, 11:13:22 »

I will say, a lot of stuff is made in China. This isn't the problem, the problem is quality control. If a company from Europe wants to manufacture their stuff in China, which a lot do, then they most impose their own quality controls and checks to make sure corners aren't being cut. Whereas, stuff the Chinese sell directly to us, has probably been copied from another place and may have had no quality control/safety checks at all.
Aaron is thinking of knocking parts out on his new toy, putting a 'Made in UK 🇬🇧' sticker on them and charging accordingly.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2020, 18:21:54 »

Even though Towcester is only a few minutes away, I wont buy them, as its complete false economy (assuming they are a crap as ATP parts (and I'm guessing they are from same factory)
Grumpy old man

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 January 2020, 18:54:22 »

Don't be mean: go and buy them and use OOF courier service to pass them on to another member in need!

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 January 2020, 19:46:23 »

Don't be mean: go and buy them and use OOF courier service to pass them on to another member in need!

Ron.
Why would I cause other members the level of distress that I would not do to myself ;)
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 January 2020, 21:25:57 »

If I had any intention of buying another Omega, I would have been interested...
Onanists always think outside the box.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 January 2020, 21:35:24 »

At £25.00 just buy the bloody things. As DG said, if I still had a barge, would have already collected them,and chucked em in the shed.
Hoof'land storeman.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 January 2020, 08:46:57 »

Mine had new wishbones fitted in 2010[before I bought it]the make isn't stated on the invoice but they were £25 each.I had to put a new balljoint on one of them 3 or 4 years ago but other than that they still seem to be doing the job.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 January 2020, 13:03:55 »

I think I put the link up to these late 2019, as all I'd do with these is rebush them (as I have done on the ones I have fitted) the basic metalwork is fine. I have ATP parts fitted currently nearly 40k done on them with one NS track rod failure only (that was 2 years ago)

If I didn't have more important things to worry about, ie: the running maladies which I haven't cured yet, I'd be getting these in the shed for a rebush as and when suitables GM ones (plus balljoints) came up. However, if these still remain on the bay for much longer I may well just get them and don't tell Miss DBG!!  ;D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 January 2020, 21:00:18 »

Hmmm, last cheap set (back in 2006) I put on an Omega lasted under 8K. Normally put Lemforders with poly fronts on which last about 40K, daily currently has Meyle with poly fronts which lasted less than 30K and will be replaced this month with refurbushed Lemforders with Meyle ball joints and GM rear bushes..... sigh, wishbones every year  ::) what joy.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.