Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vibrations on a 2.2l omega 16v manual clutch WARNING  (Read 830 times)

MCU

• Sweden
  • Best driving vehicle and the caravan is BIG
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
Vibrations on a 2.2l omega 16v manual clutch WARNING
« on: 18 January 2020, 11:56:33 »

I Have a 1999/11 2.2l 16v omega b. The vibrations came from a broken pressureplate, where the rivets broke and the heavy plate became dislogdged and caused the car to vibrate. I bought the car like that cheaply.. There was also strage noises coming from the cluth when egaged. This is because the tabs will swing out and grind against the bell housing. So if your car is doing the jiggy and there is a noise .. Stop driving it, and replace the clutch before the clutch tears your car to pieces... Replacing both gearbox and clutch is stupid. I did drive my car home for 250 km and have had it started many times when replacing cambelt and so on. But i should have startedd with the clutch of course if i had knows the cause of the problem, to begin with.
Hence this post to let other Omega heads know of the garbage original clutch issue. On top of this i also had blocked crank case ventilation cuasing pressusre and oil leaks adding on with missfiring and hiding the real issue https://1drv.ms/a/s!ArBj6H9FNrozn2vPX9ecCIrc4iKF
« Last Edit: 18 January 2020, 12:06:20 by MCU »

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Vibrations on a 2.2l omega 16v manual clutch WARNING
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2020, 12:57:12 »

Perhaps off topic and I might be wrong, but I understand that 2.2 16v manuals are a bit of a rarity. Hard to find as most of the remaining ones are auto, at least of the right hand drive models.

MCU

• Sweden
  • Best driving vehicle and the caravan is BIG
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
Re: Vibrations on a 2.2l omega 16v manual clutch WARNING
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2020, 19:53:15 »

I'm a Swede and the 2.2 l manual Omegas are common here.  So that would be the reason for the scarcity of posts regarding 2.2l omegas...
« Last Edit: 19 January 2020, 19:54:53 by MCU »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.