Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: scrapping your omega  (Read 1190 times)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
scrapping your omega
« on: 18 April 2015, 23:13:22 »

Hi just to let anyone who may be interested..I recently scrapped my omega,but before It went I took off everything that i wanted from it to use as spares on my new omega if required....I left the engine and box and 4 wheels on it and then i found this company....giveacar.co.uk in London,,,,,who are a charitable company that wants your scrap vehicle for charitable donations....it works like this,,,,,,,you phone them up and tell them what car you have to give for scrap...they ask if you if it runs or is it a scrap car and do you want any of the scrap value or would you like to donate the  value to a charity of your choice,,,In my case I ask them to suggest a childrens charity and they did...They then arrange for the collection of the vehicle...time and place arranged with you.....send you an email to confirm this.....scrap company pick it up and give you a receipt and fill in your v5c for you and take it away...you then receive an email confirming the destruction of said vehicle and at a later date you receive a letter confirming the value your car made and then you will receive a letter from the charity you donated it too to say thank you....giveacar receive not a penny and the scrap man receives 25% of the scrap value and the other 75% value goes to your donated charity..so all in all very good to do...the phone number of giveacar if its ok to state is,,,02077364242.....I hope this may be of use to someone on here.. :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: scrapping your omega
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2015, 07:38:42 »

Thanks. Hoping not to scrap either of mine anytime soon, but son always seems to have scrap vehicles, so this is useful info. :y

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2015, 08:41:21 »

Shiver. Omega death. Not my favourite subject. But if needs must... :y

lesv6

• V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2015, 23:13:06 »

Thinking about scrapping mine.  only keep it because its a workhorse estate, and i've had it from new.  Maybe a respray would help, anyone know where you can buy rust coloured paint?

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2015, 10:17:16 »

You could always paint it with Hamerite paint and have a nice coloured textured rust,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2015, 16:43:54 »

Red oxide paint is close to rust colour ;D

Keith B
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.