Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Come on Arlene!  (Read 8738 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Come on Arlene!
« Reply #15 on: 05 December 2017, 11:11:28 »

Eire will leave the EU at some point (as will everyone else) but they wont be the next domino to fall. That will probably be in the East.
I have just read an article - in The Mail as it happens - which throws a slightly different light on the matter.
It claims that the agreement which was almost reached yesterday was actually for Norn Irn and the Republic to be aligned only to the degree which is already set out in the Belfast agreement.
Dublin then got mischievous and couldn't help but try to turn it into a power grab over Norn Irn. So they leaked to all and sundry that both parts of Ireland would become aligned with each other in a much deeper way.
Had they got away with it, it would have been a great victory from their point f view, but of course Arlene was never going to roll over and let that happen.
This version makes more sense to me than having to accept that May and those around her arent just incompetent, but utterly retarded and more naïve than a new born baby.
It might all come out in the wash - eventually.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 05 December 2017, 11:18:21 »

Eire will leave the EU at some point (as will everyone else) but they wont be the next domino to fall. That will probably be in the East.
I have just read an article - in The Mail as it happens - which throws a slightly different light on the matter.
It claims that the agreement which was almost reached yesterday was actually for Norn Irn and the Republic to be aligned only to the degree which is already set out in the Belfast agreement.
Dublin then got mischievous and couldn't help but try to turn it into a power grab over Norn Irn. So they leaked to all and sundry that both parts of Ireland would become aligned with each other in a much deeper way.
Had they got away with it, it would have been a great victory from their point f view, but of course Arlene was never going to roll over and let that happen.
This version makes more sense to me than having to accept that May and those around her arent just incompetent, but utterly retarded and more naïve than a new born baby.
It might all come out in the wash - eventually.
Yes, just wait until one of the ministers involved is ‘reshuffled’.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 December 2017, 12:32:08 »

I think Arlene is the only politician in the UK at the moment with any backbone!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 December 2017, 12:37:40 »

Being British means a lot to people in Norn Irn. They paid for it with a lot of blood in the recent past and aren't going to see it eroded by spineless fackwits in Westminster or Brussels.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 05 December 2017, 12:45:06 »

I think Arlene is the only politician in the UK at the moment with any backbone!  :y
She really is the stereotypical, hard-faced Irish matriarch. I wouldn’t argue with her.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 December 2017, 13:16:24 »

I can't see an answer; all I can see is us getting bent over without the grace of some KY to ease the pain.

You seem to know far more than is good for you about 'taking it up the wrong un' Aaaron. :-X ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #21 on: 05 December 2017, 13:28:49 »

I can't see an answer; all I can see is us getting bent over without the grace of some KY to ease the pain.

You seem to know far more than is good for you about 'taking it up the wrong un' Aaaron. :-X ;)

I have never fished that side of the pond  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 December 2017, 13:34:18 »

Don't forget that once everyone in Ireland is happy we've got Gibraltar to sort out. ;D That must be next week's job in the never ending fustercluck that is BREXIT. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 December 2017, 13:41:31 »

We are crawling inexorably towards a no deal. That of course is what both sides saw as the conclusion right from the start. At the eleventh hour there will be hurried talks to try and put something in place regarding rights of EU/UK nationals plus a few other issues which no one has talked about yet.

Then there will be the EXbrexit where it is all turned on its head and bingo Britain will be back in the EU it never really left but forever subservient and on worse terms than before. The remainers will be overjoyed, Brexiteers will be overjoyed at not having to pay the never disclosed divorce bill and most importantly the EU will have its cash cow injecting money into the Eu to spend on Eastern Europe.
Result alround. Give it another forty years and the current youth will realise and then they will vote leave ........ I see a pattern emerging ;D

PS will we have a Dunkirk style evacuation to repatriate us expats caught in the cold in the event of a no deal? Hercules, Mustangs, Dakotas - anything that can fly even those in museums. People like Kevin W will be pressed into flying. One in three families will be forced to find a spare room for us. The Social Services will buckle under the cost and manpower requirements to administer us all.   
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 December 2017, 13:43:14 »

Don't forget that once everyone in Ireland is happy we've got Gibraltar to sort out. ;D That must be next week's job in the never ending fustercluck that is BREXIT. ::)

Well we will never give that up. Kevin. Do you think you will be able to pilot the rescue planes I mentioned in and out of Gib?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 05 December 2017, 13:43:58 »

We WILL be leaving........and you will not be repatriated, Señor.  :)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 December 2017, 13:47:28 »

Oh OK.

But a lot have already left for the Uk purely down to the poorer exchange rate and the writing was on the wall. A lot were neither here nor there types living a life hoping that if they fell ill someone would treat them for free. In the event of a no deal and no reciprocal healhcare agreements a lot more will have to leave as the monthly cost woud be prohibitive. That is a real problem for a lot of expats in Europe including Spain.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 December 2017, 13:48:35 »

Well we will never give that up. Kevin. Do you think you will be able to pilot the rescue planes I mentioned in and out of Gib?

Baggsy the Dakota for me. Mmmm 14 cylinder radials. :-* Next best thing to no engines at all. What could possibly go wrong? ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 December 2017, 13:52:27 »

I'm not quite sure what the definition of 'leaving the EU' is. :-\

Maybe we'll have a 'Leave Lite' brexit. One where we leave (sort of) but pay for access to the single market as well as giving 50 billion to the EU.

'Leave Lite' will probably mean we are still under the jurisdiction of the ECJ and have some notional control over movement of people but no absolute power to stop 'dark foreign johnnies' coming to the UK.

It's a total clusterf*ck. :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 December 2017, 14:06:46 »

Perhaps we could send a fleet of Omegas for El Varche!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.