Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emissions  (Read 857 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Emissions
« on: 27 April 2019, 08:06:04 »

According to a BBC news article Ford are now involved in a criminal probe into their emissions testing.This doesn't involve the use of a "cheat" device but rather their computer modelling and other testing procedures.Ford are co-operating with U.S. authorities on the matter,obviously at this point results of the probe are unknown and it will be some time before they are and Ford cannot say-or predict-how this will materially affect them if indeed it does affect them at all.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Emissions
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2019, 11:13:38 »

Shame the old 2 stroke is no longer with us.

Actually it is.....my chainsaw. :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2019, 11:54:21 »

I wonder how much energy is used (resulting in emissions ) to take say a euro 3 Omega ,move it to a recycling center,dismantle it,recycle 95% of it,5% to landfill (so more environmental impact) move the recycled materials to processing plants,move the recycled raw material to a manufacturing plant to make new components and cars,ship those new cars all over the world,deliver to new driver.

my 16 year old omega showed zero Co and 18 PPM HC when tested at MOT

new low emission zones with charges for "older cars" and diesels will make money but not stop people who have to drive in the zones (delivery drivers ,workmen etc) from entering the zone, I hear by 2020 all inside Birmingham inner ring road will cost £8 a day ::)
how much energy is used (resulting in emissions ) to manufacture electric batteries for EVs ,and what energy will be required to recycle (and what environmental impact/waste) those "green" batteries

the UK power grid is close to capacity as it is (thanks to closing coal power stations AFTER fitting them with catalytic converters to reduce emissions  ::))

new green electricity generation involves solar panels etc ,raw materials for which use masses of energy to acquire,process ,manufactured in china ,shipped round the world , then installed by diesel van drivers .

better public transport required me thinks  :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2019, 10:31:19 »

Yes, but tree huggers cant grasp any of that.
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2019, 12:15:53 »

I wonder how much energy is used (resulting in emissions ) to take say a euro 3 Omega ,move it to a recycling center,dismantle it,recycle 95% of it,5% to landfill (so more environmental impact) move the recycled materials to processing plants,move the recycled raw material to a manufacturing plant to make new components and cars,ship those new cars all over the world,deliver to new driver.

my 16 year old omega showed zero Co and 18 PPM HC when tested at MOT

new low emission zones with charges for "older cars" and diesels will make money but not stop people who have to drive in the zones (delivery drivers ,workmen etc) from entering the zone, I hear by 2020 all inside Birmingham inner ring road will cost £8 a day ::)
how much energy is used (resulting in emissions ) to manufacture electric batteries for EVs ,and what energy will be required to recycle (and what environmental impact/waste) those "green" batteries

the UK power grid is close to capacity as it is (thanks to closing coal power stations AFTER fitting them with catalytic converters to reduce emissions  ::))

new green electricity generation involves solar panels etc ,raw materials for which use masses of energy to acquire,process ,manufactured in china ,shipped round the world , then installed by diesel van drivers .

better public transport required me thinks  :P

Decided to go up to town on bus yesterday, (a bit blustery and wet on the old bike). Said bus was 15 mins late, stunk of stale smoke and piss and the idiot behind me kept shouting into his phone all the way there. No wonder we like to use our cars so we don,t have to put up with the great unwashed. ;D. How did i go home? Bloody well walked, far nicer despite the wind and rain. ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2019, 19:41:54 »

I said better public transport  ;D
much much better
public transport at the moment is pitiful   >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.