Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: GSi
« Reply #30 on: 11 May 2018, 12:59:58 »

Weren't both Pininfarina designed :-\

Possibly, but the designer usually got told that he'd be designing a completely new model from a clean sheet.. "But we've got all these old landcrab doors in stores, you see, and it'd be a shame to waste them...."
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: GSi
« Reply #31 on: 11 May 2018, 19:16:55 »

P6 was a lovely car to drive and imo a good looker too[I had one]but strictly a 4 seater really.Front suspension used springs mounted horizontally to the bulkhead[they say it was done this way as they were toying with the idea of slotting a turbine engine into it]don't know who designed it though.SD1 was again a lovely car to drive and looked well[let down of course by BL's legendary build quality and the fact that in the paint plant where they were painted-with a then new fangled paint type-had the extractor fans fitted wrong way round so they pushed air into the place rather than pulling the air out!] I had 2 of those though sadly not a Vitesse version.Designed by David Bache I believe? Who they say took frontal styling cues from the Ferrari Daytona.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.