Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega replacement...  (Read 11413 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Omega replacement...
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2019, 07:17:32 »

Ouch! That's a bit steep. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2019, 07:49:42 »

Nice cars, It’s definitely turning into a Jaguar owners forum at this rate  :D ;D :y

Test drove a 2014 XF 3.0 Diesel S few months back. Nice looking and comfortable enough if not a tad on the firm side but the handling is good so can forgive it for that. Tech inside good. Not much to dislike about them. Apart from the price maybe. That car I saw was on 64 plate around 52,000 miles and he wanted £17k (dealer not private)  :o ... Personal preference after trying a F30 330d xDrive and a 335d xDrive one of them will be my next car after the V8 Benz in a few years. They are quite something else to drive. Unless the XF depreciates better. We shall see  ;D

Best of luck with your XE  :y

and at that age it would have been the older, heavier and poorer handling X250..... :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2019, 07:52:27 »

Good choice (I am of course biased).

The older Ford engine does have a bit of lag, try resetting the learnt values on the ZF8 as it may still be working to the previous owners driving style. From memory its an ignition on (with engine not running), press and hold the accelerator to the floor for 30 seconds and then ignition off (I usually do it with the accelerator still pressed).

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 August 2019, 12:37:03 »

Good to see that Kevin has demonstrated common sense by purchasing a  potent 'sports saloon'  that runs on a fuel designed by God himself, rather than the seminal fluid of the devil. :)

We all know diesel cars are about as desirable as a tank top worn by Dwayne Dibley..... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

As already touched upon......the XE is a fabulous handling car. Superior to the X260 XF, which is better than the X250 XF. A healthy output  240 BHP in a relatively light car should provide a smile or two, and 300 BHP should be within easy reach with a bit of witchcraft. :y

The engine from my car plus an extra 100 BHP  fits under the bonnet of the XE Project 8 so should fit a standard XE........no need to tell the insurance company. :)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 August 2019, 16:13:08 »

Definitely have an XF / XE on my list when they appear in the banger category, always liked them. I helped a customer the other week with a 5series to discover to my horror it didn't have folding rear seats. I find this unforgivable in a car, for the new buyer you have the option of choice. But as you say, for used hunters you have to get what's available, though be interesting to see if there's the ability to retro fit them.

Honestly can't see any of the usual Germans replacing the Omega, a Jag will be on my list when the time comes. Good stuff  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 August 2019, 16:40:22 »

for the new buyer you have the option of choice. But as you say, for used hunters you have to get what's available ....

Seems par for the course with German cars in general. When looking for my Merc, just about every car was different, some had this, others had that, but rarely did did they have both.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 August 2019, 16:43:24 »

Nice cars, It’s definitely turning into a Jaguar owners forum at this rate  :D ;D :y

Test drove a 2014 XF 3.0 Diesel S few months back. Nice looking and comfortable enough if not a tad on the firm side but the handling is good so can forgive it for that. Tech inside good. Not much to dislike about them. Apart from the price maybe. That car I saw was on 64 plate around 52,000 miles and he wanted £17k (dealer not private)  :o ... Personal preference after trying a F30 330d xDrive and a 335d xDrive one of them will be my next car after the V8 Benz in a few years. They are quite something else to drive. Unless the XF depreciates better. We shall see  ;D

Interesting you say the XF-S was tad firm and prefer BMW? I find BMW M140i M235i ride totally unacceptable, is the M (not true M) that harder compared to standard?

One thing that puts me off latest Jags is the interior, the quality is not as good as the out going model. Can feel a element of 'cheap' in new XF interior, I far prefer the older one in terms of look and feel of it.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 August 2019, 16:45:13 »

I plan to keep my 3.2 going long enough until ULEZ gets expanded further beyond current 2021 scope, which I suspect could be around 2024-ish?

Currently 6-8k per year getting to work, so unless something changes or blows up I plan to keep the old girl going.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 August 2019, 16:55:49 »

Interesting you say the XF-S was tad firm and prefer BMW? I find BMW M140i M235i ride totally unacceptable, is the M (not true M) that harder compared to standard?

One thing that puts me off latest Jags is the interior, the quality is not as good as the out going model. Can feel a element of 'cheap' in new XF interior, I far prefer the older one in terms of look and feel of it.
As in PFL and FL Omega. :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 August 2019, 18:37:01 »

Tested the 330d xDrive a few weeks after the XF give or take, Immediately felt more involved with the F30 3 series and was surprisingly a nice place to be as well (not as well equipped maybe). I was taken by surprise as i've not been a big fan at all of past BMW 3 series. It just felt right. like a glove... Comfort wise i found it better odly, Maybe because of the very supportive seats or pinpoint handling i couldn't say for certain from a 4 mile test drive. Much quicker than the XF as well especially in 335d xDrive guise. 0-62mph 4.8sec. XF-S Diesel is around 5.9 sec from memory? ...Quite an odd but satisfying feeling being in a fast diesel.

EDIT: It could be because they where xDrive models apparently they have a more forgiving ride.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2019, 18:39:11 by Mr.OmegaMan »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 August 2019, 18:43:44 »

Glad you've finally got it, and its living up to expectations :)

Keep us up to date with what its like to live with :)

I know yours is new enough not to worry too much, but it is worth pointing out that the Jag forums are really shite :(
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 August 2019, 18:47:28 »

I know yours is new enough not to worry too much, but it is worth pointing out that the Jag forums are really shite :(

The Saab forum isn't that great either :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 August 2019, 20:57:44 »

Which one have you tried? I always found Uksaabs to be excellent. It's a bit quieter of late I think, and they are more 'up tight' than the OOF regarding politics, religion etc in general chat, but for car info I think they're excellent.

Overall I'd say there is a similar level of technical knowledge on offer there as here, although they don't have an organised Maintenance section/listing like the excellent one here.  :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 August 2019, 10:56:49 »

Which one have you tried? I always found Uksaabs to be excellent. It's a bit quieter of late I think, and they are more 'up tight' than the OOF regarding politics, religion etc in general chat, but for car info I think they're excellent.

Overall I'd say there is a similar level of technical knowledge on offer there as here, although they don't have an organised Maintenance section/listing like the excellent one here.  :y

It is UK Saab,info is fine but not much banter and piss taking like here :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 August 2019, 12:38:24 »

The engine from my car plus an extra 100 BHP  fits under the bonnet of the XE Project 8 so should fit a standard XE........no need to tell the insurance company. :)

Er yes but, no but, yes.........lots of changes to the engine bay, tunnel etc in order to get it to fit
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.