Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 98 Petrol V6 Auto Estate for sale  (Read 3526 times)

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
  • Back in Black. Sensible size this time............
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
98 Petrol V6 Auto Estate for sale
« on: 31 January 2016, 08:22:32 »

Pre-facelift 98 V6 Auto Petrol Estate for sale
I am selling my estate. Circumstances have changed and I no longer have need for my much loved and enjoyed Omega.

It is a Black CDX wearing a unique MV6 look. (We all know that black cars are faster of course…)
It has pfl Irmscher front bumper and skirts, but the rest I used FL parts; Rear bumper, colour coded side rubbing strips and door mirrors. The boot has an Irmscher spoiler.

Engine: 2.5 V6 (short plenum cover) with 3 litre Cams, enlarged throttle body, 3 litre exhaust manifold, 3 litre injector rail. Remapped ECU, modified air box and aftermarket filter. ABS rolling road meet (Aug 2008) recorded 215 bhp if you like that sort of thing…..)

Timing belt, water pump etc etc done 3 times in my ownership (Serek from SOS-automotive did it last in March 2015). James CDX did the auto box fluid (in 2010 I think).

I change oil and filter twice a year and use 5W-30 as it is a tuned engine

(I have also got some parts for a manual g/b conversion if you’re interested – Serek can get the rest of it)

Custom stainless exhaust with sports cats (200psi rather than 400)

Bilstein B6 and Eibach springs (which lowers slightly 20mm). Front wishbones polybushed. Droplinks and all track rods replaced too.

New Black diamond front combi discs (fitted last month) and Pagid fast road pads, Rear pads fitted at same time. Braided brake hose.

It is currently wearing 17” late MV6 6 spoke alloys in matt black. I have 235/45/17 on the front and 265/40/17 on the rears. Both plenty of tread. Nearside front alloy 1 scrape.

Interior is leather with Irmscher carbon inserts at Climate panel, door trim and gear stick surround. Door openers have Irmscher brushed alu look trims.
After-market DAB/CD stereo with proper roof mounted Ariel. Original stereo still available.

I used an old pfl sat nav unit and got Dave DND to make a reversing cam (in rear bumper) which I’ve found invaluable in such a long car. Leather Carbon Irmscher steering wheel with Irmscher badge (from a GSI Vectra) with illuminated wheel controls.
Soft and solid dog guards. Boot cover intact
Full service and MOT History. MOT to Dec 2016. Currently taxed.

Exterior full body respray in 2009 when all the FL stuff was done. So far no rust in the usual places, but I don’t have a garage so she’s been outside the whole time.

Bad bits – airbag light on (for yet another year!). This time it’s passenger side bag.
Mileage 103,000. The speedo stopped working and I could only find a replacement with an additional 33,000 on it so it shows 135,000 at the moment. (Harris K Telmacher knows all about this, huh, eh Al?) I have the original speedo binnacle so you can work out what the actual mileage is.
Unfortunately, the MOT now shows the incorrect mileage.

I’d like her to go to someone who is an Omega enthusiast and who will enjoy her as much as I have.
I’m after £1750.   
If that doesn’t work I will break and sell separately.

Photos? Pm me and I’ll email them direct as I haven’t resurrected any Dropbox or Photo bucket accounts since moving.

‘Wanna come and see her (or get someone to do that for you?) - PM me.
I’m in east London at the very end of the M11

Any more questions? PM me please

Matthew
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

05omegav6

Re: 98 Petrol V6 Auto Estate for sale
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2016, 08:00:36 »

I can confirm the speedo change. Was carried out by myself at one of the Wycombe meets last year. :y

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2016, 13:25:37 »

Any help Matt....

Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2016, 13:28:24 »

Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2016, 14:24:08 »

Cheers Terbs!

Much appreciated!

Matthew
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2016, 14:25:08 »

I can confirm the speedo change. Was carried out by myself at one of the Wycombe meets last year. :y

Same place (and Day) that Terberts Photos Taken
Matthew
(thanks Ian)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.