Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ABS Light  (Read 4656 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: ABS Light
« Reply #30 on: 30 July 2006, 20:33:57 »

Right them saw the car today, plugged in Tech2, and it came up with ECU error :(

A quick fiddle with the relays in the ECU fixed the problem, so I cleared the error stored in ECU, took it for a spin whilst doing live data, and it looks good as gold now.

Nixoro - I assume its still OK?  BTW, it was a pleasure to finally meet you and your family.
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 August 2006, 21:53:02 »

Right them saw the car today, plugged in Tech2, and it came up with ECU error :(

A quick fiddle with the relays in the ECU fixed the problem, so I cleared the error stored in ECU, took it for a spin whilst doing live data, and it looks good as gold now.

Nixoro - I assume its still OK?  BTW, it was a pleasure to finally meet you and your family.

Big Thanks TheBoy  :)

Sorry for the late respose still limited access at the moment.

It was good to finally get to meet you at last, the drive home was faultless no more ABS light and has'nt been on since touchwood.

I had a go at the cleaning of the relays but they are seriously tight and I could not get them out.

Can anyone tell me if there is a special tool or hidden screw for removal, managed to prise one 3mm but I didn't want to force them in case I broke them.

Again TheBoy a Big Thanks hopefully I can eventually get them out for a good clean.

« Last Edit: 01 August 2006, 21:53:46 by nixoro »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 August 2006, 22:13:47 »

I'm really glad that it doesn't appear to be a terminal problem with ECU - probably either a sticky relay or poor contact. It may not even happen again...

It was great to meet you at last - it seems I've known you for ages...
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 August 2006, 22:21:49 »

I'm really glad that it doesn't appear to be a terminal problem with ECU - probably either a sticky relay or poor contact. It may not even happen again...

It was great to meet you at last - it seems I've known you for ages...

I have to admit I wasn't expecting the ECU, what with the garage it was booked in to see thought it was one of the sensors.

Big relief for me, was definately good to finally meet you.

I know what you mean, it seems I've known you for ages. :)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 August 2006, 09:34:05 »

I can't belive it...

nixoro has an ABS problem, garage say it's a faulty sensor, nixoro posts question here, TheBoy offers his Tech-2 services, problem sorted pronto saving nixoro £££ in garage bills.

Well it's too good to be true! It sounds like adveritising for omegaowners.com! Did it really happen.... I wonder.  ;D

There's me and my consipracy theories again... I guess the other option is that this site is really that good and TheBoy is a great guy.  : ;)

PS - I've been away so didn't follow this post from the start, had I been around I would have advised nixoro to change the brake light bulbs. Which wouldn't have helped of course. It never does apparently.

Alas, no more Omegas....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 August 2006, 09:37:27 »

I can't belive it...

nixoro has an ABS problem, garage say it's a faulty sensor, nixoro posts question here, TheBoy offers his Tech-2 services, problem sorted pronto saving nixoro £££ in garage bills.

Well it's too good to be true! It sounds like adveritising for omegaowners.com! Did it really happen.... I wonder.  ;D

There's me and my consipracy theories again... I guess the other option is that this site is really that good and TheBoy is a great guy.  : ;)

PS - I've been away so didn't follow this post from the start, had I been around I would have advised nixoro to change the brake light bulbs. Which wouldn't have helped of course. It never does apparently.

I plugged the Tech2 in and thought the worse - it actually said ECU failed (all failed ABS ECUs have always passed diagnostics before). Never seen that before. Fortunately, it looks like we found the cause, and the problem has gone
Grumpy old man

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09 August 2006, 11:47:32 »

I can't belive it...

I plugged the Tech2 in and thought the worse - it actually said ECU failed (all failed ABS ECUs have always passed diagnostics before). Never seen that before. Fortunately, it looks like we found the cause, and the problem has gone

Yep problem sorted ever since seeing TheBoy the other weekend, the car has not had the dreaded ABS light come back fingers crossed it never will, TheBoy is a top bloke and I can vouch for that. :)

Granted I still haven't managed to get the relays out for cleaning, but atleast I know where to look first if it ever decides to return, hoping not.

Big Thanks TheBoy :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09 August 2006, 12:08:55 »

ahhh, I'm touched....  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.