Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trim below high-level brake light sagging  (Read 1636 times)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
Trim below high-level brake light sagging
« on: 08 August 2006, 22:55:50 »

How is the plastic trim directly below the high-level brake light at the top of the rear screen held in place? Mine is sagging very slightly, not normally noticable but it's enough to let some of the light out so when driving at night you can see the brake light illuminate the parcel shelf!

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
Re: Trim below high-level brake light sagging
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2006, 23:54:33 »

metal clips which slide into the plastic mouldings (the same as used to hold on the 'A' pillar trims) - from memory I think it's three of them. If you're lucky you can extract the clips from the body, slide them back into the slots on the plastic moulding and push the whole lot back into place. If you're not then the slots on the moulding may be broken in which case some creativity will be called for ...
« Last Edit: 08 August 2006, 23:55:00 by sounds2k »

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2006, 00:16:49 »

Yup, a good epoxy to hold the clip in place.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2006, 17:56:06 »

Cheers guys will have a look when I get round to it. So can the centre part be removed without removing the side parts? I was going to  try removing it before but it looked like the other parts had to come off first.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2006, 18:07:12 »

You're better to remove the sides first so you don't have to bend the centre to get it out, which would make your problem worse.  :(
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2006, 09:28:35 »

I have been looking to get one of these high level brake lights fitted, not sure whether there would be a connector there already and also would the rear blind affect the light.

Another thing is my rear windscreen has a black strip type thing right around the edge, not sure if the rear screens are different on the ones which have them already fitted.

Has anyone added this extra at all.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2006, 09:37:52 »

I have been looking to get one of these high level brake lights fitted, not sure whether there would be a connector there already and also would the rear blind affect the light.

Another thing is my rear windscreen has a black strip type thing right around the edge, not sure if the rear screens are different on the ones which have them already fitted.

I didn't add the high level light to my car, it was already there, but the blind doesn't affect it at all, it stops just short, so you should be ok.  :)

Also, you would have to change the back screen due to the black strip, the strip should follow the outline of the lamp.

My mate had to do that on his pre-facelift, but rather (un)luckily, after fitting the light etc. his back window mysteriously got smashed one night, which of course, was covered by his insurance. When Autoglass showed up and saw the brakelight they fitted the correct glass.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2006, 09:51:44 »

I didn't add the high level light to my car, it was already there, but the blind doesn't affect it at all, it stops just short, so you should be ok.  :)

Also, you would have to change the back screen due to the black strip, the strip should follow the outline of the lamp.

My mate had to do that on his pre-facelift, but rather (un)luckily, after fitting the light etc. his back window mysteriously got smashed one night, which of course, was covered by his insurance. When Autoglass showed up and saw the brakelight they fitted the correct glass.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sounds like a possible plan as my rear window gets condensation still on one side and have been looking to get it replaced, may keep my eye out for a high level brake light.

Soon as fitted, get the window replaced.
« Last Edit: 10 August 2006, 09:52:27 by nixoro »

MartinP

• Dudley
    • BMW 320D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2006, 22:24:58 »

Hmmm, I have a spare high level light, and a back window come to that (got to get it out first)

interested??

Sorry to highjack  :-[
« Last Edit: 10 August 2006, 22:25:46 by issunaz »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.