Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying Advice please  (Read 2777 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Advice please
« Reply #15 on: 10 August 2006, 23:25:09 »

Thanks again for all the advice and info - in the end I went for a 2.2 CD with service history (right price, with full history and dealer receipts including recent cam belt & water pump change).  Had a run down to Portsmouth this week and still happy, but thinking about changing the autobox fluid shortly (last owner was caravn club member  ;))  and will get the geometry checked when I put new front tyres on after another 1000 miles. ......
 Will let you know how it goes.

GB

Well Done  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Good luck, you will find working on the 2.2 in a facelift easy!! loads of room.

Although the 2.2 is not as quick as the V6, you will be smiling at the pump!  ;)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #16 on: 13 August 2006, 08:44:17 »

Thanks again for all the advice and info - in the end I went for a 2.2 CD with service history (right price, with full history and dealer receipts including recent cam belt & water pump change).  Had a run down to Portsmouth this week and still happy, but thinking about changing the autobox fluid shortly (last owner was caravn club member  ;))  and will get the geometry checked when I put new front tyres on after another 1000 miles. ......
 Will let you know how it goes.

GB

Nice one  :)

Only thing i would say about a CD....is get the headlamp bulbs changed for Vx+50 ones.
CDX and better have HID's fitted, but CD's have ordinary filament bulbs......and you will find out if its got standard filament bulbs in it....its like driving with candels when dark  :o Vx+50's help a bit  ;)

GaryB

• Stanmore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 August 2006, 16:49:54 »

Thanks for that - I know the headlights on my old P Reg were particularly dim on dipped beams.  Have not driven the new beast in the dark yet, but will defineitely think about the uprated bulbs.  My Bro has HIDs on his CDX and is very pleased with the output!

btw, I changed the engine oil on Friday evening, just hit 45k, following the dealer service at 40k - like many on here, I do not really see the point of 20k or even 10k between changes, when it is such a simple job.  The parts guy at the local Vx dealer even gave me trade discount on the oil and filter :D.  However, it took me about twice as long as it should have done because the previous dealer's monkey must have used his big bar to tighten up the sump plug and the filter.  I needed foot power on an extension bar to undo the sump plug (luckily no distortion on the sump) and a pair of stilsons to loosen off the filter - what do they teach them these days?

GB
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.