Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Big vote tomorrow.  (Read 21999 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Big vote tomorrow.
« Reply #60 on: 16 January 2019, 05:36:37 »

No deal is a much stronger position as it puts the onus on the EU to sort out the border details.

The CTA came up at work yesterday with the trainer saying that they had no idea what will happen... To which the reply was that we will find out on March 30th... He could only agree ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 16 January 2019, 08:51:40 »

A 202 to 432 vote is carried and given validity, credability and aplomb but a 17.4 milion to 16.1 million one is considered irrelevant .
Selective democracy , you gotta love it.......and get used to it too.
Fukc them.

Look at it again:

The referendum was IN or OUT. There was nothing about what happens after.

That was down to the government to arrange/negotiate/beg for.

Our elected parliament is supposed to influence the government(they're not the same thing) and approve the result.

That is how an elected democracy works. 70 million people cannot all get what they want!

Maybe you should look at it again .
The referendum result was OUT .
If you think that the end result of all the influence you speak of ( or better described as machinations ) is to get "approval " then you're deluded .
It is simply to prevent the UK's departure from the eu .

aaronjb

« Reply #62 on: 16 January 2019, 08:56:22 »

I am also still 135kg although I am losing fat and building muscle (for the rugby of course) ::)

https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/:P

(I still have 15Kg to go to get down to your weight, though.. and a lot less of mine is muscle ;D ;D)

Admittedly i am 30% fat according to the machine at the gym. I would like to get down to 15-20% which means losing about 20kg. Not easy but not impossible either.

You're not wrong there.. I was doing alright up until the middle of last year when work started sending me away more!

(This is far more interesting to me than Brexit ;D though a friend has predicted there will be a JC led majority government by the middle of Feb .. I can only hope he's wrong!)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 16 January 2019, 09:10:19 »

The crass ridicule meted out by micron and barnier on sky TV this morning was astounding.
" We know what the UK doesn't want ,but not what it does want..."

Well here's a clue , everything you said Nein or Non to.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16 January 2019, 09:28:04 »

The crass ridicule meted out by micron and barnier on sky TV this morning was astounding.

Yes they're not looking so smug this morning are they?  ::)

And I bet your mates down the local aint so cock a hoop either!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 16 January 2019, 09:33:39 »

I think that those MPs that voted against the deal and who represent constituencies that voted to leave shoud probably start updating their CVs before the next election.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 16 January 2019, 10:42:48 »

Everyone, TM, Labour, DUP, Scottish Nationalist are talking about getting together and coming to some sort of concensus about the type of deal that might get through parliament. I think they might be forgetting that the EU has said that there is no room for further negotiations. And, even if they did want to alter bits of it, it has to be voted on by all 27 members. Ficking idiots.

Herding cats would be more simple. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 16 January 2019, 11:05:29 »

I have a sneaking suspicion Theresa will get this 'watery Brino' through parliament.

I'm wondering if some MP's are starting to lose their nerve with all this talk of 'No Deal being the end of the world'.

Should be interesting. :)

I may have got this wrong..... ;D

Still, being wrong for the first time since 1974 is not a bad record. ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 16 January 2019, 11:33:20 »

I think that those MPs that voted against the deal and who represent constituencies that voted to leave shoud probably start updating their CVs before the next election.

Updating their CVs? I think they might need to be trying to convince the local councils to lower the streetlights to below neck height once the "yellow jacket" brigade get going. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 16 January 2019, 12:22:15 »

I just watched that odious squeek varadkar on sky threatening that peace was in the balance again if a hard Brexit occurs .
I said before that when the irish realise that they are all but insignificant in this process and start to hurt due to the loss of their 37% of total exports to UK , it'll reinstate my belief in Karma.

I have a neighbour that I grant wayleave to to allow him to drive over my land to his . I cannot deny or withdraw that access but I can make it very uncomfortable for a long period of time if I chose to , and when the previous incumbent  tried to grab 3 x 150m of my land some time ago he enjoyed 5 years of misery due to continual drainage work ,tree felling,planting,maintenance , hedge trimming and unfortunate vehicle breakdowns on the driveway .
I'd never upset people whose land I have to cross to go about my daily business .......

STEMO

« Reply #70 on: 16 January 2019, 13:00:00 »

I just watched that odious squeek varadkar on sky threatening that peace was in the balance again if a hard Brexit occurs .
I said before that when the irish realise that they are all but insignificant in this process and start to hurt due to the loss of their 37% of total exports to UK , it'll reinstate my belief in Karma.

I have a neighbour that I grant wayleave to to allow him to drive over my land to his . I cannot deny or withdraw that access but I can make it very uncomfortable for a long period of time if I chose to , and when the previous incumbent  tried to grab 3 x 150m of my land some time ago he enjoyed 5 years of misery due to continual drainage work ,tree felling,planting,maintenance , hedge trimming and unfortunate vehicle breakdowns on the driveway .
I'd never upset people whose land I have to cross to go about my daily business .......
BUILD THE WALL!

And make Ireland pay for it!

(I may have stolen this from someone else, but their name escapes me)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 16 January 2019, 13:01:33 »

Once upon a time, in Mexico...  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #72 on: 16 January 2019, 13:11:51 »

Another thing the Füčkwits in parliament don't seem to understand is that the Eu cannot possibly make it any easier for us, because the likes of Italy and Greece would see it as a green light to threaten to leave the project.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 16 January 2019, 13:17:29 »

Just listening to Jeremy Whine on R2 where he gave a journo from the Guardian about 5 minutes to pontificate.  ::)

Despite HMRC and the French authorities categorically stating that they won't implement any extra checks at Dover or Calais in the event of a no deal exit, he still spouted all the crap about shortages of food and medicines.  Jeremy Whine didn't challenge him.  >:(

Next up Katya Adler talking about the Irish border and the backstop.  Despite the UK government, the Irish government and the EU Commission saying that a hard border will not be erected in any circumstances, she was allowed to trot out all the crap about disruption that a hard border will cause and raised the issue of potential violence.  ::) 

She also brought up EU concerns about smuggling and a porous border.  Like that dosn't happen already with different taxes and currencies, and I wondered how non-porous the borders between Serbia or Ukraine are like with their EU neighbours?  ::)

So the establishment is in full on propaganda mode today and I thought about phoning in but I doubt I'd get past the researcher filtering out pro Brexit views!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #74 on: 16 January 2019, 13:22:11 »

Just listening to Jeremy Whine on R2 where he gave a journo from the Guardian about 5 minutes to pontificate.  ::)

Despite HMRC and the French authorities categorically stating that they won't implement any extra checks at Dover or Calais in the event of a no deal exit, he still spouted all the crap about shortages of food and medicines.  Jeremy Whine didn't challenge him.  >:(

Next up Katya Adler talking about the Irish border and the backstop.  Despite the UK government, the Irish government and the EU Commission saying that a hard border will not be erected in any circumstances, she was allowed to trot out all the crap about disruption that a hard border will cause and raised the issue of potential violence.  ::) 

She also brought up EU concerns about smuggling and a porous border.  Like that dosn't happen already with different taxes and currencies, and I wondered how non-porous the borders between Serbia or Ukraine are like with their EU neighbours?  ::)

So the establishment is in full on propaganda mode today and I thought about phoning in but I doubt I'd get past the researcher filtering out pro Brexit views!  ;D
Fire off a stiff letter to The Times, and sign it 'Disgruntled of Darzet'.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.