Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Serek is a star  (Read 8303 times)

ffcgary1

• Omega Baron
  • Mitcham,Surrey.
  • I really must get my eyes seen to.
    • Omega Estate/ jaguar XJ6
    • View Profile
Re: Serek is a star
« Reply #45 on: 10 October 2018, 18:15:30 »

i need to get to see serek soon, my baby has been neglected far too long. :(
Elite leather, cruise control, 3.0ltr cams, gas flowed 3.0ltr inlet manifold, 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, rear side window demisters, rear electric windows. projectors /HID'S, h/l washers.
Jaguar XJ6

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 October 2018, 18:52:46 »

Lizzie the 17" alloys on my Elite[unlike yours mine's a 3L]have more "slabby" spokes so look a lot different to yours.I don't know if there was a changeover date for the different styles or not-someone will know better or whether it was a case of all 3.2s having your style of alloy.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 10 October 2018, 19:34:18 »

Lizzie the 17" alloys on my Elite[unlike yours mine's a 3L]have more "slabby" spokes so look a lot different to yours.I don't know if there was a changeover date for the different styles or not-someone will know better or whether it was a case of all 3.2s having your style of alloy.

Ah, right thanks Baza :y

Just seeing if I could get a cheap spare alloy, but it is not essential really :D ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10 October 2018, 20:01:33 »

Best idea would be get in touch with him and ask if the ones he's got are the same style as yours and go from there :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10 October 2018, 22:23:19 »

Changeover was around 2001...
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10 October 2018, 22:55:53 »

What sort of condition does this spare alloy need to be?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 October 2018, 00:04:17 »

Presumably round and free from cracks ::)

Not to mention absolutely mint lest it affects the value :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 October 2018, 09:34:24 »

I have a 2002 3.2 Elite saloon in this colour (Z594) with tan leather (in very good nick) which I'm breaking if anyone needs anything.....

Yes, I would like the set of across the top of the radiator plastic covers that clip together. Also the two round plastic windscreen wiper, nut covers and the set of four round plenum plastic bolt/ nut covers.  In addition how much for one 17" ELITE alloy wheel?   :y

I think the 'snowflake' alloy was introduced late in 2002 for the 2003 MY cars. You see some '52 Elites with them on; the majority were on '03 cars on wards.

I have all those plastic bits Lizzie. Send me a PM if you would. As regards the alloy - this car came with the older 5 spoke alloys. I do have a set of the later 'snowflake' alloys, but ideally I would want to keep them / sell them as a set of four.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11 October 2018, 13:44:05 »

I have a 2002 3.2 Elite saloon in this colour (Z594) with tan leather (in very good nick) which I'm breaking if anyone needs anything.....

Yes, I would like the set of across the top of the radiator plastic covers that clip together. Also the two round plastic windscreen wiper, nut covers and the set of four round plenum plastic bolt/ nut covers.  In addition how much for one 17" ELITE alloy wheel?   :y

I think the 'snowflake' alloy was introduced late in 2002 for the 2003 MY cars. You see some '52 Elites with them on; the majority were on '03 cars on wards.

I have all those plastic bits Lizzie. Send me a PM if you would. As regards the alloy - this car came with the older 5 spoke alloys. I do have a set of the later 'snowflake' alloys, but ideally I would want to keep them / sell them as a set of four.

Thanks Jonny, I have sent you a PM :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11 October 2018, 21:07:39 »

Only they look nothing like snowflake alloys ;)
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11 October 2018, 22:28:25 »

Presumably round and free from cracks ::)

Not to mention absolutely mint lest it affects the value :D

Check, Check

Check..... Although the mint set I have wont be given away :P I do have a few spares though in lesser condition!  ::)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12 October 2018, 14:24:15 »

Only they look nothing like snowflake alloys ;)

They do!!! They look just like (or very similar to) the frost / snowflake symbol on the winter mode button next to the gear-lever on an auto.....

https://www.iconfinder.com/icons/141479/frost_snow_snowflake_icon
« Last Edit: 12 October 2018, 14:36:55 by johnnydog »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 October 2018, 18:30:08 »

Onanists always think outside the box.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12 October 2018, 20:50:22 »

Later Omega rims being 'snowflake' alloys is my description of their appearance to differentiate them from the earlier Elite alloy. And looking at the above link ^, I know which look more like the snowflake symbol to me......

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12 October 2018, 21:14:19 »

Later Omega rims being 'snowflake' alloys is my description of their appearance to differentiate them from the earlier Elite alloy. And looking at the above link ^, I know which look more like the snowflake symbol to me......

ahhhh you have a major misunderstanding   :)  you appear to think that "snowflake" wheels are the same .. .. you fail to realise that ..

"Scientists estimate the chances of two snowflakes being exactly alike are about 1 in 1 million trillion (that's a 1 followed by 18 zeros). Meteorologists think that there are 1 trillion, trillion, trillion (a 1 with 36 zeros!) different types of snowflakes"

... so getting hold of a set of 4 will be just a tad difficult !!!

:)  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.