Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: New Clothing  (Read 4313 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: New Clothing
« on: 20 August 2012, 08:29:53 »

The OOF logo is copyright.  Using it without express written permission from one of the site owners (any Administrator) is a breach of copyright.
Grumpy old man

Sam Burton

• Dunton, Bedfordshire
  • Just Car Mad Really
    • 09Mondeo, 08Ka, FL 2.5 TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2012, 22:40:38 »

Like I said this wasn't out of spite to have the new clothing made I wanted a hoodie for work purposes and no copyright was said in previous discussion so I'm sorry if I've upset anyone but it's done now
Drives: 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport Auto - 'The Dog Bus'
2008 Ford Ka 1.3 Zetec Climate - 'the run about'
2000 Vauxhall Omega 2.5td Auto - 'The Project'

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2012, 23:38:07 »

Personally i don't see a problem with a member getting clothing done at there own expense. As we all realize for someone ie a administrator to lay out the money and have stock lying around in the hope it sells is just not feasible. I think Sam may have been full of good intentions when getting his clothes printed with the Omega Owners Logo, was wanting to show his love for the car and the forum but maybe he was a little ignorant of the fact that he may have needed permission. Just my opinion.   
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2012, 01:37:57 »

The Forum Guidlines state the follwing . . .

Copyright
By posting, you agree that the copyright for that post belongs to OOF.

All information, including text, logos and pictures is the copyright of OOF.

Posts and pictures must not be published elsewhere, without permission from OOF Admin Team.

You are free to publish links back to OOF pages starting with http://www.omegaowners.com - directly linking to our pictures is expressly forbidden.

Mr Burton should really have read these!!
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2012, 02:09:41 »

Yep mr burton should have read the rules.....but havent we all made mistakes in our lives believing them to be good with all the best intentions...i  know i have....surely we arent all perfect are we  .. :y

MrMoffat

• Intermediate Member
  • Lincs East Coast
  • C5CEA2C4801C
    • Mondeo TXS-Jaguar XJ40x2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2012, 08:37:30 »

Personally i don't see a problem with a member getting clothing done at there own expense. As we all realize for someone ie a administrator to lay out the money and have stock lying around in the hope it sells is just not feasible. I think Sam may have been full of good intentions when getting his clothes printed with the Omega Owners Logo, was wanting to show his love for the car and the forum but maybe he was a little ignorant of the fact that he may have needed permission. Just my opinion.   

The 75 & ZT owners club use Salto UK Ltd with a previously agreed club motif on Club clothing and members order directly from that company, which leaves the club free from any hassle of ordering stock and upfront costs, I believe a small commission is payed to the Club from any order made by members.  ::)
Mike.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 August 2012, 11:22:40 »

If I'm honest, the original thread read like a for sale advert to me

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #7 on: 26 August 2012, 17:53:53 »

If I'm honest, the original thread read like a for sale advert to me

:y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Sam Burton

• Dunton, Bedfordshire
  • Just Car Mad Really
    • 09Mondeo, 08Ka, FL 2.5 TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 August 2012, 14:59:34 »

I can assure you Tunnie it wasn't a promotional stunt to flog some clothing i just was really pleased on the quality of the outcome and thought if other members liked it maybe the Shop could introduce a new range and i could point them in the right direction  but obviously its not feasible if people arn't interested. SORRY i didn't read the Copyright act I honestly didn't think to look, if its going cause to much upset ill burn the ruddy thing!
Drives: 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport Auto - 'The Dog Bus'
2008 Ford Ka 1.3 Zetec Climate - 'the run about'
2000 Vauxhall Omega 2.5td Auto - 'The Project'

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 August 2012, 16:28:12 »

no dont do that if...if tunnie see that as a sales thread i will gladly meet up with him and his janet and john books and give him reading lessons
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 August 2012, 21:52:24 »

no dont do that if...if tunnie see that as a sales thread i will gladly meet up with him and his janet and john books and give him reading lessons
I have the unique advantage of having access to the original thread, so please stop trying to be judge and jury based on hearsay  :-X
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 August 2012, 21:59:47 »

I repeat, the OOF logos are copyrighted, and may not be used without express written permission of the owners of OOF.

Given that OOF costs money to run - we are on our 4th server since we got kicked off Hosting Unlimited/Server Centre's servers, not to mention bandwidth and energy requirements - and we don't charge membership or allow ad servers to infect our pages, there are commercial interests involved.

I hope that is 100% clear.
Grumpy old man

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 August 2012, 22:04:20 »

I have the unique advantage of having access to the original thread, so please stop trying to be judge and jury based on hearsay  :-X

well i have the unique advantage of having also reading the original thread and forming my own opinion....as for being judge and jury,well everyone else seems to want to hang sam which i feel is wrong BUT for some reason this is happen all too much on this forum lately
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 August 2012, 22:31:53 »

well i have the unique advantage of having also reading the original thread and forming my own opinion
Which you are perfectly entitled to. As are other members. Having reread the original thread less than 20 minutes ago, I can assure you that it had turned into the type of thread tunnie implied. Maybe you didn't have the benefit of seeing/remembering the entire thread ;)

....as for being judge and jury,well everyone else seems to want to hang sam which i feel is wrong
Sam is (inadvertantly, I suspect) breached our copyright. Its right that he is informed that he has done 'wrong', as we do rely on self moderation here. I think that, due to the comments from members (which do not look offensive/abusive to me), Sam is now fully aware of the issues.

this is happen all too much on this forum lately
I strikes me that there are factions within OOF that feel genuine grievences are ignored due to cliques or whatever else you want to call it. However, these grievences are never reported to the Admins to be looked into, and a word-of-mouth hearsay starts, and the poison sets in, and then set views on things/people set in. Then you end up with a group of people constantly, but silently, always trying to undermine what OOF is all about.
Grumpy old man

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 August 2012, 23:27:32 »

Firstly this is not aimed at anyone in particular and certianley not TB whom i hold in high regard.. Understand copy right and OOF is free

My view

I would be more than happy to Pay for the priveledge of using OOF more than happy i do not see why anybody should be out of pocket in fact if i won lotto tomorrow OOF with never be short of funds simples, you never know :D just my opinion and i know and respect opossing view but introduce a memeber ship fee and watch free loaders dissapear yes i would actually pay to get the piss taken out of me :D

I am relativley new to the site a year but i have had the advantage of actually meeting people at Newent and i would add made to feel very welcome and not put down at all becuse i know absolutley nothing about cars :o. plus with the added fact that i personally feel i have made connections with people on here  which i enjoy and hopefully will continue too do so

Sam is like a little insperation a young lad eager and full of enthusisim in my honest opinion, look at his other posts yes he copied the loggo dont think for one minute he was out to make a buck, members liked what they saw and wanted it ditto to the work he is doing on his car. Oh yes and look at his pictures quite handy with a camera too. Anyway a creative individual that hopefully will not be flogged at dawn with a wet copy of the finacial times.

at the end of the day a bollocking from the boss you bad boy but lets not put him dowm hey :y :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.