Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Airbrushing, any hints or advice?

(1/3) > >>

hotel21:
I now find myself at a bit of a hiatus as far as hobby’s and pastimes go to fill in my otherwise ‘idle’ time.

Finding that winter is fast approaching looking for something other than decorating the house, yet again.  This furlough thing fairly cut down her ‘to do’ list!

Have a fancy for doing some airbrush type thing.  No, not taking years or pounds of some photographic wannabe but painting model boats, cars, aircraft models and the like.  Might also dabble in cake decoration, who knows!

Anyone on OOF any experience in such things?

Thinking that the compressors available are generic Chinese knockouts and that an onboard tank is preferred rather than a pump to gun, to even out possible pressure variations, despite regulators.

Also, back in my plooky youth, badger was an airbrush name that was often read about in the magazines of the time.  Any newcomers that are worth a look?

Thanks in advance....   :)

Doctor Gollum:
Badger was the first brand that sprung to mind as I started reading.

https://airbrushes.com/index.php might be of interest :y

hotel21:
Ta DG.  A good range of kit in there, albeit at the higher end of the cash!   ;D

Doctor Gollum:
Lol... As ever, find summat you like and shop around  :y

TheBoy:
I know 2 people into it, I can ask them. One definitely is into the war type stuff, I think the other is more into the fantasy type stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version