Chat Area > General Discussion Area

Ageas home contents insurance- shysters!

(1/3) > >>

Bigron:
Two months ago my son accidentally pierced the refrigerant pipe in our freezer, causing it to fail. I completed the online claim form, stating clearly the cause of the damage and there ensued a series of delaying, incommunicative emails. My broker could not get them to respond effectively AND FINALLY THEY DISMISSED MY CLAIM, SAYING THAT i WAS NOT COVERED FOR ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE!
 Had I been told that such damage was not covered back in August, I would have beeen spared a lot of unwelcome stress and effort, which, given my health issues, I could well have done without.
Just what exactly is covered if not accidental damage? Wear and tear would be excluded also, so that doesn't leave much else!
Once again, an insurance company is happy to collect premiums, but very reluctant to pay out and will try anything  to avoid doing so.

Ron. >:(

Doctor Gollum:
Always read the small print...

Also, the chances are that appliances are cheap enough to not be worth the hassle of bothering your home insurance... notwithstanding that your son might have at least offered to replace it ???

Somewhat self inflicted aggravation perhaps ;)

Nick W:
Here is a step by step explanation of how insurance works:

you pay them a lot of money

Broomies Mate:
I've fortunately only needed to use Contents Insurance on one occasion.

Less than 6 months ago, the wife dropped her iPhone X on the kitchen floor (knocked it off the worktop). 

Long story short, filled in the online claim-form, supplied photo's of the damaged iPhone (corner of the screen bled), less than a week later, case closed, £659 paid into my bank account (£709 less the £50 excess).

Bought a reconditioned iPhone XS from Amazon for £640 with warranty.

Job Jobbed - Admiral Insurance.  Thumbs up from me.

Entwood:

--- Quote from: Bigron on 19 October 2020, 16:59:58 ---Two months ago my son accidentally pierced the refrigerant pipe in our freezer, causing it to fail. I completed the online claim form, stating clearly the cause of the damage and there ensued a series of delaying, incommunicative emails. My broker could not get them to respond effectively AND FINALLY THEY DISMISSED MY CLAIM, SAYING THAT i WAS NOT COVERED FOR ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE!
 Had I been told that such damage was not covered back in August, I would have beeen spared a lot of unwelcome stress and effort, which, given my health issues, I could well have done without.
Just what exactly is covered if not accidental damage? Wear and tear would be excluded also, so that doesn't leave much else!
Once again, an insurance company is happy to collect premiums, but very reluctant to pay out and will try anything  to avoid doing so.

Ron. >:(

--- End quote ---

Other than "accidental damage" the major factors covered are fire, theft (ok unlikely for a freezer), and flood. Options for freezers may also include contents under power failure circumstances....... the small print and the premium paid are the indicators of how many circumstances are "covered" ......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version