Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vectra with 13 year old satnav and 6 forward gears - whatever next!  (Read 3332 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

I have not yet sat in a Vectra. This one pops up 5 miles away. Sounds a bit rich for me, yet interesting. Tell me I am nuts.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

Ive got an 06 Vectra 1.8 SRi Navi, thats what they Called it, a Manual, Colour CID Screen, mines with LPG that I sometimes run around in, a 5 speed.  From memory cant remember if it was the 2.8 or 3.2 Veccy Manual some did come with a rarer 6 Speed Manual Box, dont think it was ever offered on the Lower spec Engines, could be wrong.

By the way, if youve never sat in a Vectra C, you need to try it, dont know what it is about the Seating Arrangements on them but I find it very difficult to get comfortable when driving one of them no matter how I arrange the Seat and the Steering wheel, it just doesnt seem to cut the ice. On mine I have the Clothe Sport Seats, I did have another Veccy 3.2 Elite which I got rid off, that had Full Leather Normal Elite Seats and again really bad positioning especially on long journeys, that was also a Manual, again 5 Speed. On the 3.2 Veccy C kind of ok in a straight line, absolute rubbish around bends, My 3.2 Ex Pold Omega would have left it for dust.
« Last Edit: 10 June 2019, 14:47:39 by zirk »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Full electric memory was a (rare) option on early Vectra C/Signum.

Six speed (manual and Auto) fitted to 2.2 petrol (shit engine, see elsewhere), 1.9 16v 150 diesel and 2.8 petrol and 3.0 diesel.  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

MOT until 29 November ,blue ,93k  :-\
Vectra sri2.2 is the direct injection with expensive h.p fuel pump
can't check the MOT history ,
11 miles away is a vectra with 9000 less miles and 12 months MOT 1.8i VVT clicky

no six speed box or out of date sat nav though  :y

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

11 miles away is a vectra with 9000 less miles and 12 months MOT 1.8i VVT clicky

I did contact the seller, he did not tell me the reg. no., but did tell me the recent MOT history, which was healthy enough.
I have been watching that estate in Bristol for a while, it's an Exclusiv, good, means 16" wheels, and this SRi in Bridgwater, also recent MOT, and with new cam belt, but with 17" wheels
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Vectra-sri-petrol-2-2lt-Direct-with-Sat-Nav/223545827410?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile

Telling you the MOT history and seeing it for yourself isn't the same thing Terry.   ::)

Assume he's being economical with the truth!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile

Brace ya-selfs, get ready. It'll end in tears.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

I did contact the seller, he did not tell me the reg. no., but did tell me the recent MOT history, which was healthy enough.
I have been watching that estate in Bristol for a while, it's an Exclusiv, good, means 16" wheels, and this SRi in Bridgwater, also recent MOT, and with new cam belt, but with 17" wheels
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Vectra-sri-petrol-2-2lt-Direct-with-Sat-Nav/223545827410?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
WHY didn't he tell you the reg number? FFS, Terry, it's a vectra, not exactly hard to find. Walk away.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

My apologies for omitting the car reference in this thread. This has split the replies between this thread and the 'this car' thread. DG definitively put this car in its place with this reply:

'Run away. Quickly.

Very different engine to the Omega 2.2. It has a high pressure electro mechanical fuel pump on the engine which reacts badly to lower quality petrol (the diaphragm in it breaks down and kills both pump and injectors) and should be considered already damaged unless it's just been replaced. The only fix is a new pump ££££.

Best every day engine on these is either the 1.8 140 bhp or the 1.9 8v 120 bhp diesel.'

So much for the the 2.2.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile

Mot:06/02/2020 clicky £595 Frome, Somerset
but that is a 1.8 ,local, long MOT,cheap as chips ,cheaper if you haggle  :y

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

Very interesting, Dave. Rather old, almost as old as the car it might replace, my OE03 ex-police 3.2 Omega. No mention of rust in the MOT history, just the usual dodgy tyres. worn brake pads, and broken springs. It has no log book, but at £595 it's a snip. Worth buying just to see if I like the car, and lower mileage than my better two Astras. Surely worth a test drive!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Very interesting, Dave. Rather old, almost as old as the car it might replace, my OE03 ex-police 3.2 Omega. No mention of rust in the MOT history, just the usual dodgy tyres. worn brake pads, and broken springs. It has no log book, but at £595 it's a snip. Worth buying just to see if I like the car, and lower mileage than my better two Astras. Surely worth a test drive!
Don't do it. If only because it doesn't have a log book. Which makes it worth about £500 less than the asking price.

A £600 Omega would make more sense than a Vectra of the same age. The 16v 1.8 is a better car to drive as well  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile

Buying it just because it's cheap(ish) is NOT worth it. That one needs at least £300 spent on parts and an afternoon's work. Which means it's actually a £1000 car.
You're not in a rush, and have history for buying bad cars. Also, you're worrying too much about rust; Vectras are much more modern cars than Omegas which are structurally '70s cars with everything that implies.
Wait and buy a better one. That you've inspected critically in person.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile

The fact of no log book would always make me very wary.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.