Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: No intention of changing my car. None!  (Read 6775 times)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
No intention of changing my car. None!
« on: 25 April 2015, 00:27:07 »

I love it.  8) Even though the ac has packed up, as I keep mentioning. And the tyres are going a bit clowny. (A TB ref meaning knackered) and there's always some bastard still doing 29mph in a 40 , and then in a 50. I love driving it. It's quick (ish) handles well in the corners and feels smooth and compliant. Did I mention, I love it. Might even treat it to some Michelin super sports on the front.  :-X

Who cares if there's nothing worthy of its replacement. Ops em.

Omegas for ever  :y

(...assuming I don't stack the bloody thing or have it stacked for me, of course.  :'( )

....although the new Passat looks tasty in Black. (Shhh, don't tell Al I said that he hates vag cars. :-X ) ....and possibly one of those vrs skodas. Octavia is it? Vxr8 still stands, or possibly the Phaeton.

But if I go for one of those, will I be disappointed I spent a bloody great lump of cash for something not THAT much better than the omega I have?

(Also ignoring the mv8 project for a minute  :-[ )

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
Re: No intention of changing my car. None!
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2015, 00:47:57 »

Or indeed, would you be disappointed?

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2015, 00:58:17 »

I'm the same with my 3.2 CDX! Just won't better it without spending money I can't justify :y

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2015, 01:17:48 »

I just hope that I can become as attached to my black one as I am the white one...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2015, 01:27:03 »

I'm suddenly finding myself doing big mileage in a purple Fiesta because my Omega is temporarily off the road.  :(

I like my Omega!  :y                                                                                                              The Fiesta is quite good fun though!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 April 2015, 06:38:09 »

Omegas eh, there a piece of shite, when its come to putting fuel in the tank, apart from that there ok.  ::)

The Sheriff

« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2015, 06:41:41 »

Yes, comfortable and powerful. I turned your logic on it's head though. As I had to pay to have my repairs/maintenance done, I couldn't justify the money it was costing me to keep it on the road. When I sold it to James, I had spent something like £1200 in fifteen months of ownership, and IIRC it was due a belt.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2015, 07:21:29 »

As Ive said a dozen times on here, I got rid of mine a few years back. Missed it terribly, bought another one, and now Ive got the first one back again. Luckily MrsGK is a car person...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2015, 07:28:39 »

There was a nice red VXR8 at the pistonheads Sunday service - it did look very nice, I must admit.. If I wanted something large, four seat, tunable and V8 then I'd definitely have it on my list.

Get one bought and move on from the Omega forever Chris :p

ted_one

« Reply #9 on: 25 April 2015, 08:00:11 »

Damn good idea....kill as many as possible,get the spares shed filled up :y

ted_one

« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2015, 08:30:11 »

Heads up....for those who are still interested in the Omega, weird bogey coloured 3.2 Elite on Gaybay, miles not to bad, I have asked the seller about cambelt history and none available :-\ Deffo  got to be factored in if bidding :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2015, 11:27:21 »

Touch wood.......but mine has been in 'that sweet spot' for the last 18 months or so.

Sell it and I end up with a pittance. I then have to buy another car with that pittance, a car that will be ten times worse the Omega.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 April 2015, 11:30:16 »

Heads up....for those who are still interested in the Omega, weird bogey coloured 3.2 Elite on Gaybay, miles not to bad, I have asked the seller about cambelt history and none available :-\ Deffo  got to be factored in if bidding :y

Mine needs a new cambelt and Mark has offered his services. :y

Local Vauxhall dealer wants £344 inc VAT........but without a change of WP.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 April 2015, 14:01:23 »

Mine needs a new cambelt and Mark has offered his services. :y

Local Vauxhall dealer wants £344 inc VAT........but without a change of WP.

if the water pump aint broke don't fix it,a good used genuine pump is much better than some of the new aftermarket shite :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 April 2015, 18:56:09 »

Yes, comfortable and powerful. I turned your logic on it's head though. As I had to pay to have my repairs/maintenance done, I couldn't justify the money it was costing me to keep it on the road. When I sold it to James, I had spent something like £1200 in fifteen months of ownership, and IIRC it was due a belt.

....but this is it Steve. How much are the newer cars costing in the same period? And for what? Less of a car, IMO.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2015, 18:57:52 »

Omegas eh, there a piece of shite, when its come to putting fuel in the tank, apart from that there ok.  ::)

Gas. Did I not mention gas...? Oh. ....well there's always gas. Drive it properly then. :)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2015, 19:05:26 »

There was a nice red VXR8 at the pistonheads Sunday service - it did look very nice, I must admit.. If I wanted something large, four seat, tunable and V8 then I'd definitely have it on my list.

Get one bought and move on from the Omega forever Chris :p
Well, ignoring double the bhp of the omega for a minute.

Would I be pleased with it? Yes.
Would I be pleased with it having spent something in the order of 15k for one with less than 50 thousand miles on it. I'm not so sure. I really am not.

But then, can't take the money with you. And in a few years we'll be forced down the autonomous route anyway. We'll be proper oppsed then. :(

powerslinky

« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2015, 19:06:35 »

you having a punt on that then Ken ?   asked a few questions myself . . . and a test the water "bid" ,but outbid straight away .

Have yer been for look?     :(

let me know if you are bidding & I won't ;) ;)

'orrible  snot green colour though   . . . yuck ! :( :( :(

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2015, 19:45:40 »

One for STEMO then :D

ted_one

« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2015, 20:57:54 »

Not for me Al,no more Omegas for me ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2015, 22:52:08 »

I know I've said it on here before but my 2.6 is the nicest driving car I've ever had , I have been fortunate to have had only one repair in just over 4 years HBV,  bought with 50,000 miles on the clock 1 owner with full history now on 90,000 & now only doing about 4,000 miles per year , makes me smile every time I drive it.
« Last Edit: 25 April 2015, 22:55:14 by Tilbo »

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 April 2015, 21:41:41 »

Touch wood, eeyore has been uber reliable of late. I keep him in nice new oil which is free for me at the garage  :)

I still feel that there's a lack of oomph before I hit 4k rpm when the rear multi ram kicks in. But its not bad enough to have to go through all the vac system again to fix it. Although interestingly the 0-60 time seems right. So maybe I'm imagining it. Or if not. Who cares. It runs nice. Bloody comfy and lovely to drive.

Must clean him though. . . Had a pigeon fly in to the drivers door window and left a oppsing great pigeon print  ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 April 2015, 21:42:06 »

Oh and only on 109k miles so still a baby
RIP Paul Lovejoy

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 April 2015, 22:35:51 »

My current 3.2 Omega is the longest I've ever kept a car. It slumbers about on its elite suspension (all replaced for new in the past year) and when the tyres get low on tread it tramlines like an arse. I regularly use my other car, which is much much more economical, much faster, has better brakes and handles brilliantly, but I still like driving the Omega. When I switch cars, the Omega is like a big old airbed compared to the rigid suspension of the other one, but I never tire of driving it. After a period of pootling around I thought I'd give it an airing, and it actually still goes remarkably well.  :y I've had it from nine months old and it's just turned 80K.
Must admit, although I've always worked on my own cars, the forum has given me inspiration to sort any issues, so this may be a big factor in keeping it for so long.  :y
It is the oldest car I've ever owned but it's a comfy old barge so I'll hang on to it for as long as I can. I very much still enjoy driving it.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 April 2015, 22:50:03 »

Yep, I guess TB and the admins have a lot to....  .... Answer for ! ;D

Seriously. Thanks to them. :)

A mate has just spent 40k on a 535. Year old. Less than 10 thousand miles. Variable sports ride suspension. Hard drive head unit. 600+nm of torque or whatever it is. Very very nice. 60k car for 40k etc etc...

...but 40 grand. On a car! Christ almighty.

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 April 2015, 23:43:37 »

Yup I know what you mean Chris although I have recently brought a Monaro I am in no hurry to get rid of 3.2 Omega as it is comfy and relatively quick and smooth has all the toys, I just don't want to lose it.  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 April 2015, 13:58:49 »

Absolutely adore Pissy (P151 HOH, always known in the family as 'Pissy Ho') and delighted that she's back on the roads where she belongs.

Black outside, black interior, everyone seems convinced I've got a newer, and different car, I have to explain to them with a serious face that this is older than the car she replaces, and a pre-facelift, hence the massive differences in the interior. The leather on the doors and overall 'ambiance' is just fabulous, and beats hands down father's Insignia, and reminds me how nice a 90s car interior can be, with nice spongy seats, too  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 April 2015, 12:40:29 »

Absolutely adore Pissy (P151 HOH, always known in the family as 'Pissy Ho') and delighted that she's back on the roads where she belongs.

Black outside, black interior, everyone seems convinced I've got a newer, and different car, I have to explain to them with a serious face that this is older than the car she replaces, and a pre-facelift, hence the massive differences in the interior. The leather on the doors and overall 'ambiance' is just fabulous, and beats hands down father's Insignia, and reminds me how nice a 90s car interior can be, with nice spongy seats, too  :y

Must be about time for some pic's :y

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 May 2015, 08:03:51 »

A mate has just spent 40k on a 535. Year old. Less than 10 thousand miles. Variable sports ride suspension. Hard drive head unit. 600+nm of torque or whatever it is. Very very nice. 60k car for 40k etc etc...

But if he has the money to spend then whats the issue? Why drive around in a £1k car that could break down or go up in flames at any moment. And require repairs which if done in a Vx dealership will probably be more expensive than the BMW.

If you are handy with a spanner, then the Omega may be the right car for you. If you have a friendly OOFer near you who can help with repairs, then again it may be the car for you. For someone with a busy lifestyle with no time to faff around with repairs the BMW might be a better choice.

My Omega is misfiring, has a leak somewhere in the roof and has irritating rattly door pins. Presently I am thinking of driving it off a cliff!
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

The Sheriff

« Reply #29 on: 01 May 2015, 10:48:00 »

But if he has the money to spend then whats the issue? Why drive around in a £1k car that could break down or go up in flames at any moment. And require repairs which if done in a Vx dealership will probably be more expensive than the BMW.

If you are handy with a spanner, then the Omega may be the right car for you. If you have a friendly OOFer near you who can help with repairs, then again it may be the car for you. For someone with a busy lifestyle with no time to faff around with repairs the BMW might be a better choice.

My Omega is misfiring, has a leak somewhere in the roof and has irritating rattly door pins. Presently I am thinking of driving it off a cliff!
Would it get as far as the cliffs? Fair old journey. ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 01 May 2015, 13:21:13 »

Would it get as far as the cliffs? Fair old journey. ;D

Mr Gixer tells us that he will 'never' change his Omega. However, I wonder if he might be tempted by a low mileage 1.4 litre Astra finished in a fetching shade of green? ::) ::) ;)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 May 2015, 13:30:01 »

AWWWHAHAWWW this is warming up nicely. Isn't it D. ;D

No? Well let me fan the flames a little.

Firstly this sounds very much like the sort of mentality born of the "BMW econonics" adverts on local radio.
That all servicing is born if a set schedule and a set price. Which it is, but at a massively extortionate price, and with plenty of opportunity for a brand new car to explode into pieces along with best of them. Bmw oil? £85 for 5 litres? It's the same dexos2 stuff we get in Tc for 9/5ths of oops all by comparison.

Google Jasonm and his thread on here. Google swirl flaps on the diesels. Google starting issues, flat batteries and replacement battery looms. Rear tail gate on Estates. Toms. Run flats cracking wheel rins.
Remember coil pac and leaking can cover issues on omegas? You think the Bmw petrols don't suffer the same? Think again. Bushes. Same except there's a lot more of them. Drop links. Same. Self levelling air bags fail but three times the price. Diesel leaks from the lift pump in the tank under the seats and stink the cabin out.

Secondly I'd politely suggest actually reading what's being said rather than picking out of context sections to take issue with. There seems to be very little constructive input otherwise D.

Miss fires? Plugs, coil packs and seal the scuttle.
Door pins is a bit of tape.
Sun roof will likely be a blocked drain without seeing it. Usually chased out with a bit of wire sorts it, but it's doable.

So if the cost of those 3 things equals a new car in your mind then, good luck with your BMW. ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 May 2015, 13:41:03 »

£40k on a repmobile? :o I hope I could do a little better than that, although I'd have to have a word with myself for even thinking of spending that sort of money on a car, TBH. Plenty of other things you could do with the money, and end up with having something still of value in 5 years time.

.. and as for suggesting that a BMW will be more reliable than a £1k Omega...  ;D

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #33 on: 01 May 2015, 13:46:31 »

I swapped my £400 reasonably reliable Omega for a £400-a-month leased car because I was fed up of the Omega falling apart, smelling of oil, etc etc.

Yes, it's financially a ridiculous choice given I was doing my own repairs (well, apart from when I dragged Chris or Al over ;D) but outside of that? It's zero stress, reliable, comfortable, everything works as intended, the phone connects seamlessly, built in Nav, you name it, it has it (the spec is pretty much there with the Omega with the exception of HIDs). Did I mention it's zero stress? Get in, turn the key, it works. If it doesn't then Ford Leasing come and pick it up and fix it and the monthly cost covers servicing, consumables including tyres as well as tax.

Yup, don't regret it at all :y

Well, I say that.. sometimes I wonder if I should have got shot of the Omega and the M3 and put £5-600 a month toward that 911 I hanker after.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 May 2015, 14:02:57 »

I swapped my £400 reasonably reliable Omega for a £400-a-month leased car because I was fed up of the Omega falling apart, smelling of oil, etc etc.

Duck me, that's a lot of dosh. £4.8k a year  :o :o :o (assuming £400/m includes insurance?)

3.2 over last 12 months:

£190 to insure + ~£220 in tax
£15 on some rear pads
£15 on an oil change
£75 air-con regas. Although this summer it will need another re-gas  ::)

That's it!

2.2 cost a wack to insure + ~ £210 tax  (MrsT has zero NCB  :(), but apart from 2 oil changes, I've done nothing to it!

I could even add in the bike, that cost £89 to insure for the year and £130 for it's 42k service + £70 tax.

So for two/three months of a lease car, I could run my fleet  :o

After 10 years ownership, I have wondered if I should chop them in for something newer. Thanks for the reminder why I have them  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 01 May 2015, 14:26:11 »

That doesn't include insurance, just a lot of peace of mind and no more weekends spent breaking myself fixing a clapped out old car :y :P

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 01 May 2015, 14:38:57 »

That doesn't include insurance, just a lot of peace of mind and no more weekends spent making excuses for not finishing the Cobra ::)
Fixed :P

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 May 2015, 14:46:27 »

That doesn't include insurance, just a lot of peace of mind and no more weekends spent breaking myself fixing a clapped out old car :y :P

Ouch.  :(

aaronjb

« Reply #38 on: 01 May 2015, 15:13:18 »

That doesn't include insurance, just a lot of peace of mind and no more weekends spent making excuses for not finishing the Cobra ::)
Fixed :P

Oh no, I still have the excuses..  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01 May 2015, 15:14:00 »

Duck me, that's a lot of dosh. £4.8k a year  :o :o :o (assuming £400/m includes insurance?)

3.2 over last 12 months:

£15 on some rear pads
£15 on an oil change

That's it!

2.2 cost a wack to insure + ~ £210 tax  (MrsT has zero NCB  :(), but apart from 2 oil changes, I've done nothing to it!

I could even add in the bike, that cost £89 to insure for the year and £130 for it's 42k service + £70 tax.

After 10 years ownership, I have wondered if I should chop them in for something newer. Thanks for the reminder why I have them  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #40 on: 01 May 2015, 16:01:03 »

My white one has proven to be pretty cheap motoring... Two insurance payouts against it have covered the original purchase price :D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01 May 2015, 16:10:39 »

That's the auto defrost timer on the 'Rapid' setting. Nothing to worry about there.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01 May 2015, 16:20:51 »

3.2 over last 12 months:

£15 on some rear pads
£15 on an oil change

That's it!

Sounds like the equivalent of renting a house as opposed to buying a house.

Seems like you're paying 'dead money' to my way of thinking. :-\ :y

Life is short, Aaron.....buy the 911 before the grim reaper comes  for you.....or worse still, you get married. :-\

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01 May 2015, 17:57:40 »

That's the auto defrost timer on the 'Rapid' setting. Nothing to worry about there.  :y

;D ;D ;D defo worth 3 laughys :y ..... oh go on then ;D ;D ;D there's 3 more. :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01 May 2015, 18:50:46 »

Presently I am thinking of driving it off a cliff!

:(

Dont think ive ever owned a car that didnt need work . Looking back every other car has been a disappointment compared to the Omega in every way . For the money its an absolute bargain even if you need to replace a few bits now an then .. most if not all the parts ive bought are wear an tare items  :y
Omegatitis

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 02 May 2015, 16:11:40 »

AWWWHAHAWWW this is warming up nicely. Isn't it D. ;D

No? Well let me fan the flames a little.

Firstly this sounds very much like the sort of mentality born of the "BMW econonics" adverts on local radio.
That all servicing is born if a set schedule and a set price. Which it is, but at a massively extortionate price, and with plenty of opportunity for a brand new car to explode into pieces along with best of them. Bmw oil? £85 for 5 litres? It's the same dexos2 stuff we get in Tc for 9/5ths of oops all by comparison.

Google Jasonm and his thread on here. Google swirl flaps on the diesels. Google starting issues, flat batteries and replacement battery looms. Rear tail gate on Estates. Toms. Run flats cracking wheel rins.
Remember coil pac and leaking can cover issues on omegas? You think the Bmw petrols don't suffer the same? Think again. Bushes. Same except there's a lot more of them. Drop links. Same. Self levelling air bags fail but three times the price. Diesel leaks from the lift pump in the tank under the seats and stink the cabin out.

Secondly I'd politely suggest actually reading what's being said rather than picking out of context sections to take issue with. There seems to be very little constructive input otherwise D.

Miss fires? Plugs, coil packs and seal the scuttle.
Door pins is a bit of tape.
Sun roof will likely be a blocked drain without seeing it. Usually chased out with a bit of wire sorts it, but it's doable.

So if the cost of those 3 things equals a new car in your mind then, good luck with your BMW. ;D

Sorry "Mr all knowing and all constructive, who never has a hissy fit and leaves the forum like a little child", I apologise for even daring to express my opinion on your thread. I will keep away from now on.  ::)
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 May 2015, 21:35:09 »

;D yeah, see. Of that whole post, only three lines are of interest to you. ::)

Apologies you feel that way. And thank you for taking appropriate action, I look forward to that sir. :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13 May 2015, 12:16:25 »

Erm...

Just 'on topic' - I've often thought about the money I've put into 'Pissy' . Almost none of which is in the 'maintenance' category, in fairness as it's all been in the 'getting her on the road and legal again' category. Only now I'm buying the things like Oil, filters, and starting to look at niggles, rattles, missing clips etc.. that we can safely call maintenance. I'm basically in her a grand - total. That's spread over 6 months, or £38 a week. For that I've got a car that's ...

Big
Spacious
Never let me down (so far  ;D)
Has every electrical toy you can mention
Comfier than anything I see driving around the roads near me
Shifts like a cat with hair removal cream shoved up it's bumhole
Returns not much to the gallon - 20.4 average. All town driving. But my old man's super green save the whales Inginificant is doing only just under 25mpg, so I don't feel short-changed.
Rare
Metallic Black
Powerslides when the traction's off and it's on a wet, empty road.
Grips beautifully and safely with the TC on, no matter the weather
ABS
New, refurbished and safe brakes (front.... rears are pending  ;))
Parts like body panels which I can replace for a pittance, compared with any newer car. Go on car vandals - key her. I dare you. You may do as much as 40quidsworth of damage! Ha!

I'd never in all conscience say that we should all be driving old cars; as clearly most people haven't got the time, skills or inclination to learn how to maintain a car properly. And that's fine, it's called choice and democracy. But for me, this is quite possibly the perfect car.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

aaronjb

« Reply #48 on: 13 May 2015, 12:40:32 »

Life is short, Aaron.....buy the 911 before the grim reaper comes  for you.....or worse still, you get married. :-\

I continually toy with the idea.. there's a hefty deposit on a 2009+ 911 997.2 sitting in the savings account :y

If only I could make myself spend it ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 13 May 2015, 13:19:28 »

I continually toy with the idea.. there's a hefty deposit on a 2009+ 911 997.2 sitting in the savings account :y

If only I could make myself spend it ;D

"That's not the beetle911 you're looking for"
"Spend it on finishing the snake, you must"
 ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #50 on: 13 May 2015, 13:37:45 »

;D I must admit.. one went past me up at Stoneleigh the other weekend with a properly cammy Ford big block in it and I suddenly remembered why I wanted one in the first place..

But then Dave goes and keeps posting pictures like this on his company page and I have a desperate yearning to give him £65k of my hard earned:

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 13 May 2015, 14:22:23 »

An original 1965 427 (one owned by Carroll Shelby himself) is well within Aaron's reach. :y

aaronjb

« Reply #52 on: 13 May 2015, 14:30:43 »

Only if you'd like to lend me some of your millions, Doc! ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.