Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What is cat c? What is a VIC test?  (Read 3562 times)

Crazycarzowner

Re: What is cat c? What is a VIC test?
« Reply #15 on: 26 April 2015, 17:08:54 »

Part of construction & Use regs. I seized a Land Rover Discovery a while back that had its rear shocker bouncing & dragging along the floor. When I stopped it it was clear that the mount had rusted through & he knew about it & still drove it. Not a happy chappie once the courts had dealt with him. Apart from that its an integral part of the vehicle & will affect the handling & braking of the car.

Lets just say (God forbid) that you are involved in a RTC that's not your fault, and your vehicle is to be examined for what ever reason. The tester is VOSA trained way up & above normal MOT tester level. The car definitely won't pass, a report will be sent back stating the vehicle is in a dangerous condition, you'll be in hot water a) with the fuzz, b) the insurance company (who probably won't pay out) & c) up before the courts.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 April 2015, 14:40:53 »

Seems someone really wants this, £350 currently with a couple of days to go. Not worth it with that damage + MOT + VIC required  and out of breaker territory at that price
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 28 April 2015, 15:26:51 »

On pbone but bit of elbow grease, new light cluster and bumper and that's it done :-\

If I were in a position to, I probably would...

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2015, 19:38:22 »

Sounds expensive at £360, and may go higher. If it's a local man, in the trade with his own recovery vehicle, by the time he has replaced the light cluster and bumper, resprayed the wing, got it VIC approved and MOT'd, he will have no change out of £600, more if it needs work for the MOT. If he plans to sell it on I wish him luck.
Does the MV6 have cruise control?

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2015, 20:11:04 »

Sounds expensive at £360, and may go higher. If it's a local man, in the trade with his own recovery vehicle, by the time he has replaced the light cluster and bumper, resprayed the wing, got it VIC approved and MOT'd, he will have no change out of £600, more if it needs work for the MOT. If he plans to sell it on I wish him luck.
Does the MV6 have cruise control?

It's located about half a mile from my work, on the off chance anyone here is after it PM me and i'll go take a look at it tomorrow lunchtime.     
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 April 2015, 21:33:12 »

£464 :o  , had a look at it rear quarter was well stoved in!

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 April 2015, 22:35:27 »

Thanks, Omegod. What's going on? 12 year old Omegas used to go dirt cheap. Are they suddenly collectable?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.