Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ???? Where is the coolant going !  (Read 3106 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re:  ???? Where is the coolant going !
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2007, 22:10:01 »

It could just be the pressure looking to escape, now it's no longer being circulated...

Isnt there more pressure when the water pump is running?  :-/

Water pumps are there just to move the coolant around the block dissipating heat. There's next to no pressure difference accross the pump. The pressure is created by the higher temp in a closed system.

Alvaro

• Viņa del Mar, Chile
    • View Profile
Re:  ???? Where is the coolant going !
« Reply #16 on: 18 November 2007, 03:38:17 »

I've a similar problem right now. The coolant is "disappearing" but I also experienced misfires when cold. So I changed the spark plugs to see if any of them was covered in coolant, in which case I would have a blown head gasket. All the spark plugs were worn but without coolant. Then I discovered water in the Breather Body tubes. There is my leak.

I suggest that you look for a blown head gasket, or maybe the problem that I am having. I can see the breather body tubes with the typical light brown thing that apears when coolant and oil mix. Strangely is my oil in perfect condition and the coolant has no signs of oil (Should I ignore the oil cooler?).

Tomorrow I will search for the reason of my problem. If anyone has a clue, please let me know  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.