Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Swirl valves  (Read 3502 times)

firstomega

• france
    • omega 2.2 DTI 2002
    • View Profile
Re: Swirl valves
« Reply #15 on: 20 January 2018, 20:34:07 »

Since my last post of a couple of minutes ago I have searched Mr Google. Ended up in ebay. Looking I can see that there are lots of Workshop manuals for the Vectra including DTI 2.2cc for the years 2002 to 2005 but not for 1999 to 2002 with DTI 2.2cc. The only thing I can find for 99 to 02 is the service and repair (which you kindly sent me in links) but really I prefer the workshop manual. So will the 02 to 05 workshop manual be okay for my DTI 2.2cc Omega year 2001?
Another quick question is this and again I apologise up front for the perhaps stupidity of my question. On the back of the vehicle and its log book it says it is a DTI. However today I saw on the drivers door internal that it also says CDX. Does this mean that my Omega is really a CDTI or just a DTI or what does CDX mean please? Thank you all for your help.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 January 2018, 21:44:46 »

Firstly, link was probably to an illegal copy of the manual ;)

Secondly, that manual will be fine for your Omega, but you still need an Omega one for the rest of it.

Lastly, your Omega is a 2.2dti CDX. Omega is the model, 2.2dti is the engine,  CDX is the trim level/specification :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

firstomega

• france
    • omega 2.2 DTI 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2018, 20:00:19 »

Doctor Gollum Thank you very much for your reply explaining all that to me. I understand now why that link was removed. Great and thanks for explaining. The O2 to 05 Vectra workshop manual will be good for my Omega engine which is great. Where on earth can I find please a manual for the rest of my Omega though as you said I need one for the rest of it. I have looked online and cant find one anywhere. Do you have any ideas please? Also my car is now driving fine without me having touched the swirl valves. Go figure?
Why on earth it would suddenly be okay I have absolutely no idea!! Can the swirl valves have just rid themselves of the crud that was on them? Any ideas? Thank you so much for all your help very gratefully received...Oh by the way Doctor Gollum and everyone I just came on to this forum and saw that my above post which I wrote and thought I had posted had not in fact be posted due to the fact that my session had time expired...I didnt realise this then but luckily I kept a copy of what I posted so was able to do a copy and post of this so didnt need to retype it all. But wanted to explain why so long before my reply - thanks again Doctor Gollum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2018, 21:31:24 »

Haynes only did one manual for the Omega... '94-'99...

It covers pre and mid facelift cars... Yours is post facelift, but the fundamental bits such as suspension and gearbox are the same... The wiring diagrams are still accurate enough to be useful as well :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

firstomega

• france
    • omega 2.2 DTI 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 January 2018, 04:11:06 »

Doctor Gollum  Thank you!!!!  I have found it the manual online free download! So now I have the Vectra 02 to 05 owners workshop manual for the engine of my car and the Haynes service and repair manual 94 to 99 (free download) for all the other stuff! Absolutely brilliant!  Thank you so much Doctor Gollum for all your help and special thanks also to Chazza12 and everyone else whose names not mentioned here on this post but who kindly gave also your kind assistance to me. Cannot thank all of you enough. I am so grateful to you all....of course Law of Murphy that now I have all this the car has started behaving itself...lol...but for next time which I hope there isnt but if there is at least I also have the manuals to refer to....and this wonderful forum and all your help. Thank you all very much!!!!!!!!  I love my Omega and this forum too...has got to be the most helpful and friendly forum ever. Thanks!! 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.