Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue dashboard illumination  (Read 2490 times)

Goonybird

• Northampton
  • Shouldn't have gone to Specsavers
    • View Profile
Re: Blue dashboard illumination
« Reply #15 on: 12 April 2009, 20:30:48 »

1) Leds as stated have a narrow frontal area of illumination, which makes them ideal as indicator lights on electrical equipment. The lateral output is zilch, which is what we need for the dashboard illumination. This same problem occurs when you try to convert the Technics sl1200 turntable illumination. the fix here is to use very small blue leds mounted at 90degs on a small sub circuit board. Might need major surgery to illuminate from behind the dials.
About 25 years ago I used a blue plastic perspex filter on my Vx Royale with limited results.

2)Blue is the worst color for an instrument panel. Red (and green) allow the eyes the re-focus more quickly when looking alternately from distance to near, and back to distance. Notice how "fuzzy" the blue can appear on VW's.
Ask why no other manufacturer uses blue.
Now why do you think that is.????

3) HU's used to have alternate color illuminations. Denon did this years ago.

Blue was cool. agree now a bit "gay"   ::) is white the new blue?
« Last Edit: 12 April 2009, 20:32:26 by goonybird »
Have owned: Opel Manta A 1900 Auto Berlinetta, Opel Manta B 2.0 Auto Berlinetta, Vx Royale Coupe 2.8 Auto, various non Vx, Skoda Superb 130tdi currently Omega 2.5CDX - now Octavia vRS WRC

djm1964

• Herts
  • The Boys Are Back In Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 April 2009, 21:23:33 »

1) Leds as stated have a narrow frontal area of illumination, which makes them ideal as indicator lights on electrical equipment. The lateral output is zilch, which is what we need for the dashboard illumination. This same problem occurs when you try to convert the Technics sl1200 turntable illumination. the fix here is to use very small blue leds mounted at 90degs on a small sub circuit board. Might need major surgery to illuminate from behind the dials.
About 25 years ago I used a blue plastic perspex filter on my Vx Royale with limited results.

2)Blue is the worst color for an instrument panel. Red (and green) allow the eyes the re-focus more quickly when looking alternately from distance to near, and back to distance. Notice how "fuzzy" the blue can appear on VW's.
Ask why no other manufacturer uses blue.
Now why do you think that is.????

3) HU's used to have alternate color illuminations. Denon did this years ago.

Blue was cool. agree now a bit "gay"   ::) is white the new blue?[/quote]
you will have to ask Loo Knee , he is the master of colours , that boy can mix and match anything , especially to go with Yellow clogs apparentley  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thin Lizzy are still the the best Rock band ever ! R.I.P Phil Lynott never forgotten .

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 April 2009, 21:35:40 »

Thats right Dave, The Master of Colours ;D

So many jealous members on here too  ;)
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.