Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a return valve in the windscreen washer?  (Read 1461 times)

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • 2 Omega Caravans 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
Is there a return valve in the windscreen washer?
« on: 23 May 2019, 20:07:48 »

I have a problem with my windscreen washers that don't hold pressure. It takes several seconds before any fluid is starting to spray. When it comes it is Ok pressure. I have just changed the pump from my other Omega  (the winter car) that works OK. With that pump I have the same problem. It's an Estate an for the rear window it works as it should and starts to spray immediately.

So it seems that there is a backflow issue that makes the fluid going back to the pump/tank. I did put the hoses back as they were on the old pump, and pumps are the same, I did check the part number.

I haven't seen any kind of return valve but it could be hidden there some where.

It did work properly when I did drive this car last year before the winter.

Any advice appreciated, thanks
Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a return valve in the windscreen washer?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2019, 23:16:30 »

I have two Omega estates and both behave the opposite to yours. Windscreen and headlights work immidiately but rear window takes a few seconds to start spraying. Really dont think there is anything but hoses and nozzles after the pump. The estate pump has some kind of cylinder attached to it where the hoses come out. Always thought that was some kind of valve.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2019, 23:21:51 »

I have two Omega estates and both behave the opposite to yours. Windscreen and headlights work immidiately but rear window takes a few seconds to start spraying. Really dont think there is anything but hoses and nozzles after the pump. The estate pump has some kind of cylinder attached to it where the hoses come out. Always thought that was some kind of valve.

Headlights pump is separate from the screen washer pump. Front & rear screens share the same pump ... it spins one way for the front & t'other for the rear.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2019, 23:31:19 »

Headlights pump is separate from the screen washer pump. Front & rear screens share the same pump ... it spins one way for the front & t'other for the rear.

that.

And there are non-return valves in the hoses to the washers.

Jan Suhr

• Intermediate Member
  • Nyköping, Sweden
    • 2 Omega Caravans 3.2 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2019, 06:07:18 »

that.

And there are non-return valves in the hoses to the washers.

My car don't have the headlight washers. It looks like the outlet to the rear have some kind of valve in the pump.

I did scrap my older Estate last year and I did keep the part in front of the windscreen that holds the nozzles. I did cut the hose going to them at a joint that is located a bit in front of them next to the fender. Is that joint a non-return valve?

It just looked like a hose joint and I wondered why they had put it there, so I guess it must be the valve then. Lucky for me I cut the hose on the right side of the joint so I have that one to replace with.
Maybe there just is some dirt in the valve that keeps it from closing.

Thanks

Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
www.protouring.se
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.