Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bought a new hifi today....  (Read 4685 times)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Bought a new hifi today....
« on: 23 April 2018, 16:28:43 »

As the old one is knackered....on/off switch is temperamental and cd player wont play cd's.....

Bought a Denon amp with built in cd and DAB wireless...

Plus an Audio Technica turntable...

Probably wouldn't have bought the turntable if id known.....

That you get a box of bits....that ive just spent an hour putting together  :(

Tho i havent been able to test it out yet....as I havent bought any speakers for it yet  ::) ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Bought a new hifi today....
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2018, 16:44:34 »

You bought an Amp, CD, DAB, Turntable but forgot to buy the Speakers    ....Oh Dear, never mind, got some nice Sennheisers Reference 1 Headphones that well work well with that.  ;)

Oh, hang on, then theres the other stuff, Tone Arm, Cartridge and them others things , what they called again   ... Oh yea, Vinyl Records     :)

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2018, 16:45:27 »

Oh, hang on, then theres the other stuff, Tone Arm, Cartridge and them others things , what they called again   ...

The 1970s?  :P

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2018, 16:52:07 »

You bought an Amp, CD, DAB, Turntable but forgot to buy the Speakers    ....Oh Dear, never mind, got some nice Sennheisers Reference 1 Headphones that well work well with that.  ;)

Oh, hang on, then theres the other stuff, Tone Arm, Cartridge and them others things , what they called again   ... Oh yea, Vinyl Records     :)

Didn't forget to buy the speakers.....the ones I want are hard to track down....but I have just found a supplier  :y

It was those bits I had to put together  ::)

Didnt you know Vinyl is making a comeback  ;) :)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2018, 17:20:40 »

Didn't forget to buy the speakers.....the ones I want are hard to track down....but I have just found a supplier  :y

Yea I know about 6 months after I sold my 70's DJ Collection.  :-\

And that frickin Black Cosworth I sold a few years back is worth about 40 Grand now aswell.  :'( :'( :( :(

::)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2018, 19:08:04 »

Not with me it isn't. All those years ago I got seriously pissed of at having to switch from vinyl to those new fangled CD thingys, and now they want me to change back again ! No I won't pay £25 for something that warps in the heat, gets scratched, that has to be removed and flipped to play side 2, is hard to rip onto my MP3 player, now what else can I moan about . . . . ?  ;D

I have a turntable set-up for my old LPs, but I don't buy new ones. Oh, I don't buy downloads either.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2018, 19:11:15 »

Talking of transcribing from vinyl to digital media (e.g. DVD), does anyone know of any simple but effective transcription software, please?

Ron.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2018, 19:40:51 »

Talking of transcribing from vinyl to digital media (e.g. DVD), does anyone know of any simple but effective transcription software, please?

Ron.
Years ago I used to use a piece of Software called Diamond Cut Audio Forensics, I had a paid version that where used for other stuff, different story, but from memory they used to be Freebie Versions for Vinyl and Tape Restoration with Preset Plugins etc, you could try them. or another one that springs from memory was called AudioCity or was it spellt AudaCity or something like that, fairly that was free as well

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2018, 19:47:13 »

Ron.

I use "Goldwave" ... not usually free but offers can be found ...., very easy to use but also a very powerful audio manipulation programme...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2018, 21:43:43 »

Audacity does a pretty reasonable job and is free.

Chopping up the tracks is a pretty manual process, though and I'm sure it has plugins to de-click and so on.

If you've got a mountain of them to do, a more automated solution might be better.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 April 2018, 21:59:58 »

Audacity does a pretty reasonable job and is free.

Chopping up the tracks is a pretty manual process, though and I'm sure it has plugins to de-click and so on.

If you've got a mountain of them to do, a more automated solution might be better.

Tell me about it  :-\

A couple of years ago, I stuck a deal for a Rega planer 3 with a mate / old customer only to find out my missus and lad had clubbed together to get me a Audio Technica turntable with usb output for my 50th.
That came with OEM Audacity which I can confirm is pretty good (one you get your head around it)  :y :y

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 April 2018, 22:01:22 »

Thanks gents. The requirement is only partly mine but mainly for a friend who has some treasured old vinyl he wishes to transfer as he hates the "inconvenience" of playing his  albums!
I also have a few recordings, but not a mountain of them, so the Audacity software will probably suit me.   :y 8)

Ron.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 April 2018, 22:03:09 »

Thanks gents. The requirement is only partly mine but mainly for a friend who has some treasured old vinyl he wishes to transfer as he hates the "inconvenience" of playing his  albums!
I also have a few recordings, but not a mountain of them, so the Audacity software will probably suit me.   :y 8)

Ron.

Have a good play first with it Ron  ;)
Once you get your head around it, its not bad at all  :y

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2018, 22:05:37 »

Yes, and what a great excuse to banish SWMBO whilst I play the vinyl - for academic reasons, of course!..... ;D

Ron.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2018, 00:33:57 »

You bought an Amp, CD, DAB, Turntable but forgot to buy the Tapedeck     ;)

Oh, hang on, then theres the other stuff,  what they called again   ... Oh yea, Cassettes     :)

Zirk has a point.  How are you going to tape the radio?  :-\  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.