Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: accessing car's computer tech2  (Read 822 times)

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
accessing car's computer tech2
« on: 27 April 2018, 13:36:16 »

I've read about every tech2 question in forum and still not sure exactly what it is you need. So starting with software, i know there is a lot of vendors, downloads, ones people are saying might work, or only work with certain cables certain operating systems, ones that can reset codes, ones that cant, ones that can read live data and not etc. etc.

I've got to a point where i've ordered a kit off ebay as i really dont know what it is i need, so bought a cheap 19 pound kit with cd, adapter cable.

I do have access to software from 0p com but hadn't a clue what cable i needed or an adapter. Can anyone clear up  what i actually need, i've a 64 bit laptop, not sure if it's got serial port,  if that is what i need, it has the other port with more pins, and of course usb ports. I want something that i can read live data and diagnose any sensor issues, both out of a diagnostic perspective and interest.

Thanks

Andrew

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: accessing car's computer tech2
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2018, 13:44:46 »

You mentioned that 'Op' word didnt you.  :-X, ideally you need a proper Com Port (RS232) for them.

TBH if you just wanted to Read and Reset Codes and read LIve Data, you would have been better off buying a cheap BT ODB2 Dongle for a couple of quid and using something like ScanMyOpel from the PlayStore.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2018, 14:09:35 »

I use a bit of op *** kit off ebay ,costs about £20 with cd, adaptor, usb lead  :) on an old laptop (32bit xp)
people on here seem to slate it but it works for me ,omega 2.6 v6, 4 astra Gs,pair of corsa c
great for live data,clearing codes etc
just be careful what you erase /clear

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2018, 19:08:03 »

0pcom in the UK is always cloned, copyright breaching hardware/software here in the UK, thus all discussion of it is against our forum rules.

If you bought the genuine item from the only authorised importer, they offer reasonably good support, so approach them.

Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.