Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Company car advice  (Read 21017 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Company car advice
« Reply #60 on: 30 October 2018, 19:55:56 »

https://www.ford.co.uk/future-vehicles/ranger-raptor

I'll just leave that there.

Leaf springs ::)

and 'coming soon' usually means in 6 months or so......

2019 .. right about when the PCP on the Skoda finishes. :-X :D

Also doesn't count as a van for BIK I don't think. I'm sure to be commercial a pickup needs a load bed capacity of 1000kgs and the article I read said it was only 750 on the raptor.

aaronjb

« Reply #61 on: 31 October 2018, 08:11:42 »

Also doesn't count as a van for BIK I don't think. I'm sure to be commercial a pickup needs a load bed capacity of 1000kgs and the article I read said it was only 750 on the raptor.

That will be a shame - in fact, if it doesn't come with the same GTW rating as the Wildtrak, it would count it out for me.. I mean, a thoroughly impractical vehicle needs at least some practicality to justify it ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 31 October 2018, 08:57:35 »

That will be a shame - in fact, if it doesn't come with the same GTW rating as the Wildtrak, it would count it out for me.. I mean, a thoroughly impractical vehicle needs at least some practicality to justify it ;D

;D ;D

I at least will have a practical use in the launching and recovery of my boat and tips to the trip over the next year or so.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 31 October 2018, 09:53:54 »

;D ;D

I at least will have a practical use in the launching and recovery of my boat and tips to the trip over the next year or so.

FTFY. One 1000 kg load and I can't see them letting you back on site. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 31 October 2018, 10:28:56 »

;D ;D

They never say anything about the box trailer and boot being full but often turn commercial vans away.  Hired vans were ok but I think that has stopped too.
 Apparently the local tips are switching to pre-registration and ANPR.  If you cant prove you are a local resident you have to pay a fiver.  That should stop all the Surrey cheap-arses coming over to Hampshire to dump their carp.  surrey introduced a charge last year.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 31 October 2018, 10:30:51 »

;D ;D

They never say anything about the box trailer and boot being full but often turn commercial vans away.  Hired vans were ok but I think that has stopped too.
 Apparently the local tips are switching to pre-registration and ANPR.  If you cant prove you are a local resident you have to pay a fiver.  That should stop all the Surrey cheap-arses coming over to Hampshire to dump their carp.  surrey introduced a charge last year.

Back home, it's free e-permits now, have to register the high van's number plate, get 5 free trips a year or something. Works out fine for us as we rarely use a van, but helping fatherT clear the garage. We will have to use Towcester though, as Ardly is in Oxfordshire.  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 31 October 2018, 11:01:20 »

Ours are introducing permits from the spring... Pick ups, single piece vans and single axle trailers all ok; yet lutons, twin axle trailers and horse boxes are not ::)

So if you only own a twin axle flat trailer, and you need to dispose of twenty fence panels, then you're choice (assuming you can't give them away on Craigslist or Shpock?), is to burn it or rent a van and do three trips  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 31 October 2018, 11:05:55 »

Fire is the best option, in competition with someone else as to how high you can get the flames of course ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 31 October 2018, 11:07:14 »

Fire is the best option, in competition with someone else as to how high you can get the flames of course ;D
Obviously high enough to reach the nearest lelandii ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 31 October 2018, 16:46:30 »

Last week I was offered an XF Sportbrake, petrol, for a shade over £4k pa, 2yr scheme, 10k miles pa. List of the particular car was £46k

I was almost tempted to chop in the chav, but:
The scheme was for an estate (urgh)
We both like the chav, which is comfortable, cheap to run, feature rich and mostly hassle free (except that pesky EML that I must get my Tech2 back to sort)

Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 31 October 2018, 19:38:11 »

So I test drove the Navara today.  Ok, it doesn't have the performance of kitty but then I wasn't expecting it either.  It doesn't feel as big to drive as I thought it was going to be.  I liked it although there was a slight vibration whenever we hit a pothole or bump in the road.  The hardtop double cab really reduces the visibility in the rear view which confirms my choice for just a roller shutter.  ORder going in this week :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 01 November 2018, 13:39:00 »

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 01 November 2018, 14:34:37 »

Just drove the Ranger to compare it to the Navara and it's got a nice grunt to the engine, pulls like a train and the interior is very nice indeed.

Damn you Aaron, damn you ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #73 on: 01 November 2018, 15:14:27 »

;D ;D ;D ;D

And the leaf springs at the back never did bother me - they make it very easy to hang the arse out, too. So I hear.  :-X

Take it you drove the 3.2 5-cylinder? The 2.2 is meant to be more bulletproof but the 3.2 (despite sounding like a bag of spanners when you're ragging it!) has much more grunt.  Not quite the 450hp of the Raptor, mind  :D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 01 November 2018, 15:18:56 »

It did not have the front end wobble when going over bumps which the Navara had.  Unsure whether that was due to the chassis or the 18" wheel weight fighting with the tyres and suspension but it was very noticeable compared to the Ford.  Even when booting it the 3.2 wasn't that bad.  It really did shift and gave me the smile that the jag does when my right foot gets heavy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.