Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: '03 3.2 Irmscher Elite Estate F/S  (Read 2616 times)

05omegav6

'03 3.2 Irmscher Elite Estate F/S
« on: 12 March 2016, 19:35:59 »

Black Sapphire Z20R.
173k miles.
MoT 30/11/16, 1 advisory for non specific surface corrosion.
4 previous keepers including myself. Previous owner bought the car in August 2004, which, seeing as it was registered in March '03 would suggest that it was first a dealer car, then sold to the second owner who most likely had it a year...

Pics here...
http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/05omegav6/library/KU03RVZ

Good bits.
Mechanically very good, both engine and gear box behave exactly as they should.
Stainless sports cats, centre exhaust was fitted not long before I bought the car last February. Backbox is Irmscher twin exit.
Complete Irmscher kit, including wood/charcoal steering wheel, B pillar trims and front grill. Included, but not yet fitted are the stainless sill trims.
Monaro VXR brakes all round, standard Omega 286x20 rear discs and Mercedes ML 330x32 fronts, both with EBC Ultimax pads.
New, polybushed, Febi wishbones, track rods and drop links.
New 245/40/18 XL tyres x4 on Irmscher Stila18x8j.
Irmscher springs all round, rears with fitted new 4k miles ago Irmscher rear and Bilstein B4 front shocks. Car sits about 20mm lower than standard.
Recent radiator and condenser.
Charcoal heated leather in very good condition, all heaters working as they should.
Recent front door lock motors.
NCDC2013 with CID, aux in from glovebox in lieu of disc changer audio.
Telematic glovebox fitted, but stereo shown fitted in picture not included.
Parkpilot working as it should, have replaced the speaker.

Not so good bits.
No history. Previous owner had clearly kept the car serviced, but paperwork vanished between where they partexed it and the dealer I bought it from.
Bodywork is perfectly presentable for a daily driver, and it actually scrubs up ok. But... there are a few beginnings of rust spots in the usual places, rear arches are ok, but starting to go on the lip, as are the inner arches behind the doors.
Wheels could do with a refurb as the laquer is starting to fail. Wheels have minimal kerbing.
Tailgate is rusty in the usual spots. I have a rust free one in silver, complete with Irmscher spoiler which will be included.
Rear bumper has a slight scuff on both corners... a side effect of failed parkpilot speaker.
Front bumper is messy underneath, looks ok with chipped paint down to the grill line, but bottom edge has been cobbled back together. Has been like this since I bought it, and as the car is now lowered, repairing it seemed moot.
Several scuffs and parking dings on both sides of the car.
Aircon needs regassing. Needs doing as condenser has been renewed.

Looking for £2,000 ono as is, (including clean unpainted tailgate).

Or £3,000 with bodywork tidied, including painted/fitted tailgate, wheels refurbed and fresh cambelt.

I won't split, so save your breath ;)

05omegav6

Re: '03 3.2 Irmscher Elite Estate F/S
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2016, 01:39:44 »

Re reading this, it implies that the springs were new. They are, in fact, second hand, but in very good condition. The shocks were brand new, and have done about 4k miles.

Also self leveling has been removed... rear shocks came off in four pieces and the pump had seized, so pump, plumbing and ecu/sensor have all been removed.

Rear track control arms were also fitted new about 4k miles ago.

Car was bought with a short MoT and drove horribly... front suspension was knackered, and the rear suspension might as well have not been fitted, so when the MoT ran out, I went through it and replaced the lot.

In summary,
Front suspension has been replaced with Irmscher springs, Bilstein B4 shocks, Powerflex front bushes and anti roll bar bushes, Pedders heavy duty front top mounts, along with new track rods and drop links

Rear suspension has been replaced with Irmscher springs, Irmscher shocks and Pedders poly subframe bushes, along with new track control arms.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2016, 08:17:26 »

What would SWMBO say if I did  ::) ::)

ted_one

« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2016, 09:26:40 »

Christ Al...you are definitely in garage clearout mode,I guess all will become apparent in due time :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2016, 12:36:39 »

What would SWMBO say if I did  ::) ::)
I think she would be lost for words ;D

It would make good company for the other one though...

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 14 March 2016, 16:16:59 »

More pictures uploaded...

Here's a taster...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.