Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Earnie...  (Read 5304 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Earnie...
« Reply #30 on: 12 March 2019, 10:33:54 »

I did see a chart of winter ranges a couple of months a go with typically 20-50% range reduction due to heating & lights & lithium batteries having reduced cold weather capacity. Something to bare in mind if you get a milk float.

Easily catered for when planning your journey though.  I took the older leaf on trips to Sheffield and Tenby without running out of juice by pre-planning my stops and charge points.  It had a claimed range of 128 miles, I mananged 102 at best, used 80 for planning purposes.  The i-pace would be a significant difference though and it is a dream to drive.

I'll let you know, mine arrives later today!

That said, mine has a heat pump fitted, which is supposed to reduce the reduction in range (if you see what I mean  ::)) in winter by around 40%. My round trip commute is just under 90 miles per day, so even in winter I expect to only be charging off the free electricity at work.

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 12 March 2019, 10:41:15 »

I did see a chart of winter ranges a couple of months a go with typically 20-50% range reduction due to heating & lights & lithium batteries having reduced cold weather capacity. Something to bare in mind if you get a milk float.

Easily catered for when planning your journey though.  I took the older leaf on trips to Sheffield and Tenby without running out of juice by pre-planning my stops and charge points.  It had a claimed range of 128 miles, I mananged 102 at best, used 80 for planning purposes.  The i-pace would be a significant difference though and it is a dream to drive.

I'll let you know, mine arrives later today!

That said, mine has a heat pump fitted, which is supposed to reduce the reduction in range (if you see what I mean  ::)) in winter by around 40%. My round trip commute is just under 90 miles per day, so even in winter I expect to only be charging off the free electricity at work.
Are we talking leaf or I-pace?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 March 2019, 10:49:28 »

Neither in my case, I'm having a vw e-golf. Its nicer inside than the leaf and was less to lease  :-\. The fact that the leaf had no reach adjust on the steering wheel meant there was no way for me to get comfortable in the seat (and its also sh!t for a new car that costs that much).

If I get on with the thing, I will probably buy another ev when the lease is up. I chose to lease as its a toe in the water and I don't want to be tied into a heavily depreciating asset if it doesn't work out. Plus a cheap lease and free electrons at work make it a no-brainer.

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 12 March 2019, 10:53:02 »

Plus...the e-golf looks so much better than the leaf.  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 March 2019, 11:19:26 »

I suppose a VAG car without an engine is, at least, a better option than a VAG car with a VAG engine, gearbox, etc.. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 March 2019, 11:22:31 »

I think the i-pace is the best looker of them all, and has the nicest interior but it's another level in terms of cost.

And with JLR reliability, I want to see how they go for a year or two first  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 March 2019, 11:38:12 »

I suppose a VAG car without an engine is, at least, a better option than a VAG car with a VAG engine, gearbox, etc.. :y
Might just be alright then :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 March 2019, 11:48:32 »

I think the i-pace is the best looker of them all, and has the nicest interior but it's another level in terms of cost.

Got one here with big mileage and is close to two years old, been treated like a turd and still going strong

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 12 March 2019, 11:57:26 »

It's very difficult to judge a whole range of vehicles on just a few people's experience. There are bound to be a few dogs in any production run. This is why, in Jimmy's case, leasing is a good option until reliability is proven.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12 March 2019, 11:59:03 »

Most electric cars depreciate fast so Lease is an excellent option!

(I-Pace is sold out for 2019 so getting it on a lease or one with a reasonable deal is going to be very challenging!)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12 March 2019, 12:26:45 »

Got one here with big mileage and is close to two years old, been treated like a turd and still going strong

Interesting, have they/you mapped battery degradation over the mileage?

Stats from a year or so back seemed to indicate that teslas lost about 5% over the first 40k, another 5% over the next 80-100k and then the range loss slowed down. I assume the jag would be at least as good. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.